Fox Goes Hunting Review (Steam)
Our Fox Goes Hunting Review shows this game which is a combination Shooter and Action-Adventure game where the player is the hungry fox that needs to hunt food (Chickens, Rabbits, etc.). There are large predators (Bears, Wolves, etc.) that the fox must shoot using bullets that are earned as rewards.
Fox Goes Hunting Review Pros:
- OK graphics.
- 141.87MB download size.
- Steam achievements.
- Controller support.
- Online leaderboards.
- Survival gameplay.
- The goal is to find animals and feed on them to clear the level but also replenish health.
- A map that shows an arrow to prey and predators.
- As you kill prey you get bullets that you use to shoot predators.
- Simple controls.
- Animals and predators get crazier with Dinos making an appearance.
- Upon killing your opponent you must claim the body for it to count.
- Can replay levels.
Fox Goes Hunting Review Cons:
- No tutorials.
- Cannot see the controls with the controller or the mouse and keyboard.
- Briefly touching rocks and trees will cause huge damage to your health.
- Git stuck in the scenery and had the timer stop more than a handful of times.
- Annoying bell ring sound at the end of a level.
- Movement is robotic and slow.
- No graphics settings at all.
- Looks like a mobile game with on-screen buttons laid out as such.
- Go up a slight incline amd you either stop completely and slide back down or you get stopped dead.
- The very basic movement of the prey and predators.
- Map arrows don’t always appear straight away.
- An easy game once you work the controls and mechanics out.
- Short game.
- You can run out of bullets and then that’s it.
Related Post: Steel Assault Review (Steam)
Fox Goes Hunting:
Developer: Restless Swords Studio
Publisher: Restless Swords Studio
Store Links –
- Graphics - 3/103/10
- Sound - 1/101/10
- Accessibility - 2/102/10
- Length - 2/102/10
- Fun Factor - 2/102/10
I’m not sure what to really say here? I mean it is described as a survival-type game whereby you go around hunting small animals to earn bullets so you can shoot predators. The thing is in practice it’s a case of clumsily walking around and tapping prey to kill them all while your health goes down way too fast, eating as it were will give you health back. The thing is the animation is clunky, animations are nonexistent and the game is very basic. It’s not disgustingly bad but it is more for younger players I think as it’s a good way to introduce general game goals. The killing as it’s called is nothing more than a tap and claiming is just a profile shot and a bit of magic dust! Predators can be wolves, Cheetahs, or Dinosaurs and you need your limited bullets to take them out, run out and it’s game over. At the end of the day, Fox Goes Hunting is a basic bland experience for older or more experienced gamers but could be a good call for the younger player. Outside of that, it’s lacking a lot most notably a hook to keep you going or a solid gameplay mechanic.