Future Aero Racing S Ultra Review (Nintendo Switch)
Enjoy the fast and futuristic arcade races we present to you in FAR S ULTRA. Make sure you win the desired gold cups in the 5 championships of F.A.R. S ULTRA. Our 5 levels of difficulty and a total of 25 cups are waiting for you!
- Really good detailed hand-drawn-looking graphics.
- 178MB download size.
- Own in-game achievements called challenges.
- Anti-gravity racing gameplay.
- Opening controls tutorial race.
- Controls-gyro, two layouts and auto accelerate. You can edit the controls for each player.
- 2-4 local multiplayer.
- 3 modes-championship, custom, and time attack.
- Earn achievements that reward exp which in turn increases your player rank.
- Upbeat soundtrack.
- Five championship cups- Electron, Neutron, Proton, Atomic, and Ultra.
- Five Difficulties-D, C, B, A and M.
- Ten vehicles. One initially then unlocks the rest and paint jobs by ranking up.
- Each cup has 3 races.
- Pre-race flyover of the track.
- Arcade racer presentation.
- The shield protects you but gets depleted by hitting the walls and opponents, once gone you blow up and respawn.
- Turbo-drive over blue panels to charge it. Turbo is a speed boost but also gives a temporary bubble that you can use to takedown (blow up) opponents to regain a shield.
- Runs at a fast pace.
- EXP is shown on the Hud as you earn and lose it.
- Custom mode-number of players, difficulty, number of tracks (3/4/6/8), and order of tracks (random/in order/select).
- 15 tracks.
- Day, night, and weather effects.
- Look behind button.
- Brakes take some getting used to.
- No touchscreen.
- The main menu song is cool at first but it’s on loop.
- You have to unlock tracks in the championship in order to play them in the time trial.
- Slow to rank up and unlock vehicles.
- A lot of tight corners and corridors in races.
- No weapons.
- Plain racing gameplay.
- Constant difficulty spikes even on the lower difficulties.
- Only one view.
- No online play.
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10
Far S Ultra is an antigrav racing like Wipeout, it’s a fast-paced arcade racing game with a futuristic setting. It uses graphics that really pop off the screen and goes for an almost Ridge Racer soundtrack that has a lot of cool beats with vocals. Gameplay-wise it’s a simple affair, race opponents and collects turbo from the pads on the track, as you turbo you get a shield so that you can eliminate the enemy. Tracks get more and more brutal with tighter corners and narrower straights that make for some great racing. The main issue with the game is it’s very flat in terms of gameplay, you don’t have all the weapons and flair that a game like Wipeout or Pacer gets and instead just sticks to the basics. Tracks look cool but the later ones are so tight and narrow that they are more infuriating than fun or streamlined. Don’t get me wrong it plays well but it’s just got no wow factor or any real unique factor which is a shame but doesn’t detract from it being a good basic arcade racer.