Gelly Break Deluxe Review (Steam)
This Gelly Break Deluxe Review takes on all things gelly in this couch co-op platformer in which you, as Gel and Lee, have to save the Gellies’ home planet from Evil Blob. As a team, use your shooting and switching skills in challenging jump’n’run passages to survive together against the ever-changing enemy types.
Gelly Break Deluxe Review Pros:
- Bright cartoon-like graphics.
- 2.17GB Download size.
- Steam achievements.
- Full controller support.
- Graphics – fullscreen.
- Remote play together support*.
- 3 save slots.
- Local co-op play.
- Two characters.
- Own in-game cutscenes.
- Puzzle platformer gameplay.
- Attacks are done via a twin-stick shooter control style.
- Single-player will allow you to freely swap between characters. (you stand on top of each other)
- Platforms will be a color and you have to match the character with it to use the platform.
- Constant checkpoints.
- Tutorial pop-ups as you play.
- Very accessible.
- When swapping characters it does damage and can break the glass.
- Health bar, collect food to refill.
- World map level select.
- Can replay levels.
- Big boss battles.
- Rescue friends to unlock extra bonus levels.
Gelly Break Deluxe Review Cons:
- No graphics settings.
- Cannot rebind the controls.
- Doesn’t support a keyboard.
- Basic level design.
- Feels repetitive.
- No replay value.
- Doesn’t have any sort of Colourblind support.
Related Post: Mask Of Mists Review (Xbox Series S)
Gelly Break Deluxe:
Developer: ByteRockers’ Games
Publisher: ByteRockers’ Games
Store Links –
- – Remote Play blurb:
- Remote Play is a relatively new feature on Steam, still in beta, that allows you to play local multiplayer games together over the Internet. However, it can happen that the controller of the other player is not recognized. We, therefore, recommend that you start the game in Steam’s “Big Picture Mode”, as this can fix the bug according to Steam. We are happy to be able to offer you PC players this tool exclusively with the help of Steam, despite perhaps minor problems, so that you can also play Gelly Break Deluxe together online.
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10
Gelly Break Deluxe is very much a game best enjoyed in co-op and to be honest due to its simple gameplay and level design, it’s a game more suited to a parent playing with a younger child. You can play the game solo as you have a switch character button but it just shows the game many shortcomings like the level design, boss fights, and repetitive gameplay loop. Collect goo in levels is like coins or rings in any other game and it’s fine as they are plentiful and not tracked but the gameplay loop is nothing new or unique. You could play the game for an hour and get your fill, it is a chilled game so does have that going for it but anything else is just an average experience you have probably played before. It’s fine but it is very safe.