Hidden Deep Preview (Steam Early Access)
Our Hidden Deep Preview plumbs the depths of this old-school game inspired by classic Sci-Fi games and movies of the ’80s and ’90s (mainly Aliens, The Thing, Half-Life (1)) with an addictive bit of dark plot. Very much emphasis was placed on the richness and quality of character animations and general realism (as for 2D games). The game is running on its own engine with physics simulation and destructive terrain.
Hidden Deep Preview Pros:
- Decent graphics.
- 733.23MB download size.
- Steam achievements.
- Remote play together support.
- Graphics settings are resolution and fullscreen.
- Two modes – expedition and challenge.
- Controller support.
- Three expedition difficulties – Easy l, normal and hard. Effects enemy amounts and shooting.
- Can rebind controls for the keyboard.
- 2D platformer gameplay.
- Scanner tool to scout ahead.
- The game all takes place in caves where it is dark and full of traps and platforms.
- Basic tutorial pop-ups as you play.
- A grappling hook gun can be used to go up and down shafts.
- Generous checkpoints after death.
- The blood stays on the floor after a death.
- Very atmospheric.
- The map feels in as you explore.
- Puzzle elements.
- Enemy encounters.
Hidden Deep Preview Cons:
- Minimal graphic settings.
- Cannot rebind controls for the controller.
- In-game prompts are for the keyboard even if using a controller.
- The controller only works in-game and not in the menus.
- Had a load of issues using the controller like not getting controller prompts and crawl not working so I had to keep jumping from keyboard to controller in the settings as your choice is absolute each time.
- It’s a dark game which is fine but it can be too dark for me old eyes.
Related Post: Lawn Mowing Simulator Dino Safari Review (Xbox Series S)
Developer: Cogwheel Software
Store Links –