Hoplegs Review (Steam)
Our Hoplegs Review details just how unconventional and entertaining this platformer where the gamepad buttons are your legs are! Customize your look with stylish hats, boxes, and legs – even new faces! Keep your eyes open for rare and special items in secret hidden areas!
Hoplegs Review Pros:
- Nice cartoon graphics.
- 745.25MB Download size.
- Steam achievements.
- Controller support.
- Graphics-fullscreen, resolution, and v-sync.
- Can rebind controls.
- Platformer gameplay.
- Gimmick-you play as a cube and each side has an extendable leg controlled by a face Button.
- Basic tutorial.
- Creates a lot of memorable moments and usually for bad reasons!
- Level editor.
- Can browse/share level creations.
- Endless replayability thanks to the level creator.
- Solo play-story mode and the Peak.
- Online leaderboards.
- Game timer-on/off.
- 27 levels.
- Can replay levels.
- Good soundtrack.
- The Peak-all levels in one continuous run.
- Hidden areas and routes.
- Simple controls.
- Really good level designs.
- Local co-op play.
- Unlocks-earn points to buy new customisation options like legs, skin, etc.
Hoplegs Review Cons:
- Only takes a few hours to do the in-the-box events.
- Getting unlocks is a slow process.
- Relies on user content.
- No real desirable customisation options.
- Bare minimum graphic settings.
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 6/106/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10
I wouldn’t say Hoplegs is unique per se as I have played games like this before. The idea of Hoplegs is simple, You play as a cubed character and each side has a button assigned to it. Armed with these you then have to press them in an order to get the characters to move, add in obstacles and a cool level design and you have yourself a challenge! The gameplay is smooth with tight controls and levels designed in a way that not only can you attack them all differently, but they are also big enough to allow mistakes to be fixed. I liked playing Hoplegs and it is a really good time but once I switched it off I never really thought about it again and never returned. Overall Hoplegs is a fun romp with many hilarious situations but it doesn’t quite have the staying power.