How To Take Off Your Mask Remastered Review (PlayStation 4)
A cute fantasy romance visual novel. One day you discover the other side of your partner you had never known. What is the truth beneath the masks?
- Anime style graphics.
- 342MB download size.
- Platinum trophy.
- Visual novel gameplay.
- Japanese voice.
- 20 save slots.
- Works on Playstation 5.
- Text settings-speed, skip, auto skip, and if the game stops skipping after choices.
- Can name characters.
- Prologue kind of sets the scene and how the game flows/controls.
- Quicksave and quick load buttons.
- Text history.
- Fast forward button.
- Choose your responses/questions.
- Save when you want.
- Can play with one hand.
- High replay value as you try other ways of interaction and what path you choose.
- Unlock new interactions and stories with what options you pick as you play.
- Easy Platinum trophy.
- Can earn the trophies by auto skipping and pressing a button on choices for an easy win.
- The game is split into chapters.
- One button controls.
- Multiple endings.
- Menu structure will show what chapters you have done and which bonus chapters you have unlocked or what to play in order to unlock new ones.
- Can replay chapters.
- Hard to see which option is picked.
- Can just-auto skip and click the first choice on every encounter.
- Same music tracks over and over.
- Short story.
- Awkward pause menu.
- Not that interactive.
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 6/106/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10
I’m not one for visual novels but il give anything a go. This is a story all about you wearing the many masks that a person wears in order to protect themselves, With that knowledge you interact with others who also wear masks and must try and explore the sides of everyone’s character, your meter will go up or down. By the halfway mark I completely switched off il be honest, I just put it on auto skip and pressed a few buttons, stopping every now and then for any gossip. Overall it was an alright game but is a must-buy for trophy hunters.