Hustle Kings Review (PlayStation 3 And PlayStation Vita)
Hustle Kings Review Pros:
- HD graphics.
- The Vita’s screen helps enhance the visuals of this game to the point where you could swear you were watching a match on tv.
- Free PlayStation Vita version thanks to Cross-Buy.
- PS3 version gives you full move support that works very well and is very precise.
- Vita version uses the touch screen as an option for game control and again this works very well, It’s actually my preferred control method.
- Full campaign mode contains straight up 8 ball matches to 14:1 continuous to killer. All variants of the pool are in the game.
- Unlockables bought from the shop using HKC which is the game’s currency. Items include new cues and sets of balls including glass ones which look amazing.
- Online is fast, easy to set up and you can bet HKC on the outcome, While also setting up a tournament for a true experience.
- New characters to unlock.
- Regular DLC including crazy-shaped tables and snooker mode which maintains the high visuals.
- Excellent ball physics.
- Allows custom soundtracks to be used on the PlayStation 3.
Hustle Kings Review Cons:
- The AI is very cheap and later on in-game and gets very much a case of, If you miss a pot then you will lose.
- Some DLC is not welcome, Such as chalks which buff your shots, aid you. They have limited uses meaning you have to re-buy them. This is the type of DLC I hate in games.
- Online on PS3 has this thing where it’s a choice between voice comms or move controls. You can only use one not both.
- The preset music despite having several genres is not nice at all.
- Graphics - 9/109/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessibility - 8/108/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
In summary, this is a great example of a pool/snooker game. Played with mates you can have the right blast. So many game types and customizable options this game will keep you entertained. The campaign may get cheap and unplayable after a while but at least theirs plenty more to play. With the buy, one get the other version free there’s really no excuse for not owning this gem.