Kill It With Fire Review (Xbox Series S)
The spider – mankind’s most ancient and deadly nemesis. As a licensed Kill It With Fire exterminator, it’s time to fight back! Assemble your arsenal of increasingly excessive weapons, track spiders across suburbia, and burn everything in your path!
- Decent Chunky graphics.
- 895. 1MB download size.
- 1000 Gamerscore.
- Opening tutorial area.
- Challenges can be found and activated on a level.
- Kill spiders by any means gameplay!
- Full-level interaction with you is able to grab pictures, vases, TVs, etc, and use them.
- Upgrade points-uses between levels and there is a list of upgrades for yourself and the tracker separately. (you have to earn the upgrade entry)
- Can replay levels.
- Each level has a checklist of things to find and do like-upgrades, equipment, flavors, objectives, etc.
- Play how you want.
- Helpful item outlines to say if you can interact with it.
- Great soundtrack.
- A clipboard will show tasks as you uncover them.
- Humor throughout.
- Nods to other Tinybuild games.
- First-person view.
- As you kill spiders and do tasks you will open up new rooms.
- Hot bar to change equipment.
- Equipment ranges from flame throwers to guns.
- Has one of the worst tutorials I have played in a long time. It gives you a checklist but doesn’t tell you that unknown factors are needed in order to unlock the next checklist entry.
- Opening new rooms have a pointless unlocking bar sequence.
- No performance mode settings.
- Can be hard to see the spiders.
- You don’t have an abundance of spiders so when it gets to the last few spiders needed to open the exit it drags.
- Radar is not specific enough.
- Takes a long time to unlock upgrades.
- Just doesn’t explain things well.
- Never sure how the spiders act in terms of how and where they could hide.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
Kill it with fire is such a cool concept, grab anything to hand whether it be a picture frame or a double-barrel shotgun, take out spider after spider in this crazy action game. I love how you can just properly destroy the house by burning it down or by just grabbing and throwing everything not nailed down, it makes for amazing laugh-out-loud moments. Spiders are just fodder however they get faster and bigger each location and they can hide in just about anywhere. As you are playing tasks will be found and added to your clipboard, killing spiders is the name of the game however and doing that will open new doors to new rooms which usually always have rewards like new equipment, talking of which you have a radar that will show the signal strength of spiders to help find them all though spiders do make a noise to aid you. As fun and chaotic as it all can get it does go from fun to frustration especially when you are on the last few spiders kills, the little bastards can be anywhere and considering you probably trashed the house it will be even harder. It turns into a Where’s Wally or spots the pixel. OK spiders can move items as they move but it’s dark in places and it still requires eagle eyesight. I do however like the way you can just jump in do a location have fun and then get out. In fact, that is the best way to play Kill it with fire, get in and get out but laugh your ass off doing it! The only difference on consoles is that the Xbox Series S version gets shafted with no performance mode settings like the PlayStation 5 gets.