Lake Review (Steam)
Our Lake review takes place in 1986 – Meredith Weiss takes a break from her career in the big city to deliver mail in her hometown. How will she experience two weeks in beautiful Providence Oaks, with its iconic lake and quirky community? And what will she do next? It’s up to you.
Lake Review Pros:
- Beautiful graphics.
- 2.07GB Download size.
- Steam achievements.
- Full controller support.
- Graphics – window mode, resolution, v-sync, refresh rate, fps cap, overall quality preset, texture filtering, vegetation quality, shader quality focus, sunshafts, light quality, shadow distance, shadow quality, anti-aliasing, ambient occlusion, motion blur, and bloom.
- Enchanting soundtrack.
- Opening Prologue setting the story.
- Multiple choice interactions.
- Decent voicework.
- The game has you delivering parcels and packages to a small town and mingling with the locals.
- Goose – the name of your delivery van that comes with a semi-functional radio.
- Save when you want.
- Icons show on the map and the name of the street will show as you enter it.
- Parcels require you to know which one to pick.
- Play how you want.
- After work, you can choose what activities to do or just stay at home.
- Multiple endings and possible outcomes of scenarios.
- Feels very calming and chilled to play.
- Simple controls and on-screen icons.
- Has replay value if you want to see more from the colorful group of characters.
Lake Review Cons:
- Cannot rebind the controls.
- The mouse cursor stays on the screen.
- Long initial load time.
- Slow pace to it all.
- Wooden-looking characters.
- Can’t skip interactions.
- Driving is in 3rd person only.
- Short game clocking in around 5-6 hours.
Related Post: Stack Up Or Dive Trying Review (Steam)
Publisher: Whitethorn Digital
Store Links –
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessibility - 8/108/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 9/109/10
Lake is a slice of life, you take time out from the hustle-bustle of city life and return back to your rural middle of nowhere town. You take on the job of post person and drive around delivering parcels, letters, and errands for the many colorful characters of the town. What I love is how you re-connect or create new bonds with the residents of this town, it’s all very laid back and full of charm. I never knew delivering parcels could be so rewarding and satisfying. Lake may only take six or so hours but within those hours it gives you many memories. Get lake and lose yourself for a few hours and thank me later.