Let’s Sing Queen Review (PlayStation 4)
Let their music take you on a trip through different decades. Master “Bohemian Rhapsody”, challenge your friends to a “Bicycle Race” or rock out to hits like “We Will Rock You”, “Another One Bites The Dust”, “I Want To Break Free” and “We Are The Champions”.
- Cartoon graphics mixed with video.
- 9.06GB download size.
- 10 trophies.
- Microphone controls- Phone (Free app), USB mic, or headphones.
- Massive tutorial/help section all text-based.
- Difficulty 1-5 star rating.
- End of song score breakdown.
- Golden notes- Give a bonus score if hit.
- Top 3 online leaderboard for each song.
- Four avatars initially then you unlock new ones as you level up.
- Can assign player numbers.
- 1-4 Local player support.
- The phone app works really well.
- Six modes- Classic, Featuring, Mixtape, Jukebox, world contest, and let’s party.
- Classic- 1-4 players, Pick a song, and go.
- Featuring- 1-2 players with separated verses.
- Mixtape- 1-4 players, Sing five excerpts in a row from created mixtapes.
- Jukebox- Listen to songs and watch the official videos.
- Let’s party mode-1-8 player mode with two teams and uses hot mic. (one mic passed around) has Ai bot support to make up the numbers or if you have odd players.
- World contest- 1v1 online battle.
- Earn EXP, Level up, and unlock new avatars, mixtape slots, etc.
- Mixtape creator- Choose 1-5 songs and all is well presented and easy to use but most importantly it is fast to make up a mixtape.
- Avatar reacts to your singing.
- Player profile- Shows EXP, Level, Best scores, Unlocks, and your best scoring songs.
- Clear easy to follow on-screen icons.
- You can just hum your way through a song.
- You don’t like Queen.
- No Platinum trophy.
- Very basic UI.
- Barebones approach and are basically a pretty karaoke machine.
- Online is only 1v1.
- Same game as the rest but just a set of Queen songs.
- No new features or mechanics in the actual gameplay.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessibility - 8/108/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
So another Let’s Sing game hits the PlayStation 4. As with all singing games, the playlist is going to play hard into a purchasing choice. Luckily that decision is a lot easier as the game name tells you what you get, Yep that’s right it’s all Queen songs! The list is a collection of the hits and a few not so hits. Back to the game and it plays really well, Connecting up a phone to use as a mic has never been easier and works well. If you are expecting new mechanics and features then you are going to be let down. Yes, it’s easy to pick up and play but it is the same game you played last year and the year before. In short, it has no innovation but keeps the core accessibility and introduces party play with Ai support so everyone can get involved. It’s still a robust easy to use the system but here it feels like a DLC collection rather than a new game.