Military Base War Review (Steam)
Our Military Base War Review takes on a group of enemies where each type has its own behavior, trying to either destroy you or the blue cube that you have to protect. Eliminate all enemies in the stage, then move to the next stage.
Military Base War Review Pros:
- Big Chunky cartoon-like graphics.
- 423.21MB download size.
- Top-down shooter gameplay.
- Roguelike mechanic in that it’s one death then back to the start.
- If you quit then you can continue on the last level you were on.
- Power-ups like Bombs drop from enemies.
- You can see enemy icons on screen and laser pointers if applicable.
- New guns and ammo drop from enemies.
- Protect your base.
- You can use vehicles and buildings as cover.
- WASD movement and mouse for aiming and shooting.
- Shows your best run.
Military Base War Review Cons:
- No graphics settings at all.
- Doesn’t have a tutorial.
- You cannot look up the controls.
- Buildings stay solid so you cannot see enemies or pickups behind them.
- A controller is not supported.
- No Steam achievements.
- Very basic gameplay.
- No hook to keep you coming back.
- Lacks leaderboards.
- There is no story.
- In fact, the game has no menus or options at all.
- You die way too quickly.
Related Post: Labyrinth City Pierre The Maze Detective Review (Steam)
Military Base War:
Developer: Sarhan Soft
Publisher: Sarhan Soft
Store Links –
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 5/105/10
- Accessibility - 5/105/10
- Length - 6/106/10
- Fun Factor - 5/105/10
Top-down shooters are very common, it’s almost daily that we get a new one so the market is saturated. Enter Military Base War and you have a very sub-par experience. It’s a top-down shooter with no tutorials, no controller support, and not even a single graphics option! It almost actively goes against everything games stand for. It doesn’t explain itself, it in no way tries to welcome the player, and it’s just not fun to play. OK, the shooting works but when you have no replay value or hook who cares how well it shoots? You don’t need to feel like you are missing out here, Military Base War is bland and uninviting.