Moose Life Review (Steam)
Moose Life offers you an exhilarating ride into the trance zone. Spectacular shooty action and a top techno soundtrack will raise your mood.
- Decent graphics.
- 792mb Download size.
- Steam achievements.
- Graphics-Resolution, configure VR, configure 3D TV.
- VR support.
- Tunnel shooter gameplay.
- Online leaderboards.
- Controller support.
- Three modes-normal/freeride/pure.
- The best score is shown for each mode.
- Can pick any level to play on that you have beaten.
- Psychedelic soundtrack.
- Retro gaming at its best.
- Pickups in the game.
- Humour all over the place.
- Seizure inducing particle effects.
- Can just hold down shoot and change from top and bottom.
- Earn extra lives.
- Bonus stages to find.
- So easy to learn and play.
- Pure mode-is a run based mode where you always start from level one.
- Normal-earn lives, pick a level.
- Free ride-basically unlimited lives mode.
- Save the sheepies!
- Just good wholesome fun all round.
- Leaderboard support for each mode.
- Spheres-shoot them open to reveal sheep and try and collect them all.
- New enemies appear as you progress.
- No tutorials.
- No way to dial back a few of the effects.
- Can’t quit to desktop with the controller.
- A few of the sound effect noises are not nice.
- You don’t like sheep or moose.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 9/109/10
- Accessibility - 8/108/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 10/1010/10
No matter how shit the world gets, no matter how bad you feel, one thing for sure is, you can always rely on a Llamasoft game to cheer you up and Moose Life is no exception! Moose Life is a tunnel shooter from the mind of Jeff Minter, and despite saying “oh it’s a tunnel shooter he’s done loads of those”he manages to once again pull out a new experience and just wow you into a nostalgic nirvana. Itay sounds like I am swooning and Goddammit I am, these games just make me so happy and nostalgic that all the current troubles just fade away as I disappear into the psychedelic seizure-inducing world of a Llamasoft game. The premise is simple, jump up and down the tunnel and shoot things whilst avoiding enemies and projectiles and collecting sheep! I mean just reading that should get you hyped! What I love the most is how I can run forward and advance or at any time I can just run backward and pick up anything I forgot or an enemy that got away. The game isn’t as deep or as high production maybe as previous games but the charm is real, the weird text pop-ups and effects are in there and I’m sure there are still piles of secrets to find, make no doubt about it, Moose Life is pure nostalgic fun with a banging soundtrack! Llamasoft has done it again.