MushihimeSama Review (Nintendo Switch)
In our MushihimeSama Review, we explain the story of a princess who goes to meet the “Koujin” in order to save her family from a mysterious plague. The world is decorated with meticulously drawn graphics, intense perfection, and a beautiful barrage of bullets. Take on five stages, including a lush forest, a blazing desert, and a solemn cave!
MushihimeSama Review Pros:
- Gorgeous graphics.
- 830MB download size.
- Aspect ratio choices- 4:3, 16:9, 3:4, 9:16.
- Screen Rotation- right roll, upside down, left roll, and default.
- Link rotation- on/off. (sync game screen with controller position)
- Extra windows- four presets or turn it off.
- Score display- on/off, position, high score window position.
- Input display on/off for both players.
- Arcade feels to it all.
- Two-player local support.
- Controller- Can rebind controls and even turn on additional actions like trigger time, or intervals.
- Soundtrack playlists- stage music, other music, arrange stage music, arrange other music, ver 1.5 stage music, and ver 1.5 other music.
- Shmup gameplay.
- Four game versions- Novice, Normal, Arrange, and Ver 1.5.
- Training- Acts as a tutorial.
- Online leaderboards.
- Game modes- Play and time attack.
- The play mode has original, maniac, and ultra versions.
- In-game display settings, smoothing, screen position (X+Y axis), wallpaper (12 of them), set if wallpaper changes every 1/5/10/20/30/custom, and zoom in percentages including X+Y axis.
- Beautiful artwork.
- Amazing animations.
- Such a fun deep game.
- Accessible for both newbs and Pros.
- End of level breakdown for the score.
- Infinite continues.
- Shooting slows you down and makes avoiding bullets harder.
- Massive boss battles.
- Screen filling bullet hell.
- Autosaves regularly.
- Can save and rewatch replays of your run.
MushihimeSama Review Cons:
- The slowdown happens a lot.
- Short story modes.
- No in-game achievements.
Related Post: Cloud Cutter Review (Steam)
- Graphics - 10/1010/10
- Sound - 10/1010/10
- Accessibility - 10/1010/10
- Length - 10/1010/10
- Fun Factor - 10/1010/10
We are not going to debate the ever-lasting question are games art? No, because if you see this here MushihimeSama in action, and the beautiful landscape is filled with an eye-watering amount of projectiles, you know that games are indeed art. Mushihimesama is top-tier Shmup action and for good reason. It’s the gameplay! It’s some of the best most satisfying Shmup combat I ha e ever played and will ever play. It’s the presentation and attention to detail that exudes a type of visual dominance. Mushihimesama is more than a game or an experience, it is a moment. A moment so exhilarating and exciting that it does nothing but spark joy. Yeah, you can suck at the game and fail to clear levels in a one-credit fashion but with infinite continues the game allows anyone to beat it. The journey the game gives you is so precious and wonderful that I cannot put it in a shorthand description. Mushihimesama is a game you must play, even on the Nintendo Switch the devs have managed to keep everything intact and plays fantastically. You can flip the screen, add wallpaper art or go fullscreen, add in arcade-style button prompts and online leaderboards, it’s the real deal and an absolute must-buy. The best game ever made is now the best Shmup ever on the Nintendo Switch.