One Finger Death Punch 2 Review (PlayStation 4)
The world’s fastest brawler is back. Experience cinematic kung-fu in the most epic stickman fighter ever made. Staying true to the original, you play with only two buttons. Every press matters, do not button mash!
- Cartoon style graphics.
- 2.17gb download size.
- Platinum trophy.
- Customize character-skin color, skin color head, eyes, tone, and show shading.
- Blood effects-on/off.
- Can customize which/what icons show up on the screen when playing.
- The tutorial is played over 16 levels.
- Can change the controls as in which buttons you use for attacks.
- Action rhythm gameplay.
- Game-you stay still and press buttons to do attacks left or right.
- Combo system.
- Can play with one hand on the controller.
- 3 modes-levels, survival, and skills.
- Can replay levels.
- Level rank-1-5 based on performance.
- Banging soundtrack.
- Different sections kick in as you play like riding a horse or running into enemies but the concept stays the same, time your hits.
- Many enemy types where you deflect/block/steal weapons and shots.
- Kill certain enemies to increase time and replenish health.
- Very easy to get into.
- Can get quite addictive.
- Satisfying combat.
- You can pick up and use weapons.
- World map level select.
- Online leaderboards.
- Co-op support for local play.
- No, Luca, no mode-it’s the game but with an ongoing boss battle.
- Gauntlet mode.
- Survival mode. You make your way up a tower.
- Own in-game trophies.
- Earn gems from playing and use to upgrade your power-ups which are all passive.
- Crazy good animations.
- QTE can happen at anytime but usually at the end.
- The initial learning curve as you fight every instinct not to button mash.
- No matter the visual feedback the core gameplay is the same over and over.
- Doesn’t make it clear that the levels at the start are just the tutorial.
- No online co-op.
- Has a mobile phone game feel.
- Modes are hidden in menus.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessibility - 8/108/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
Having not played the first game I dint know what to expect. One Finger Death Punch 2 is a rhythm game basically, enemies will attack you from the left and right and you stay still but press attack, either way, you time your hits to do maximum damage. The game evolves over time by adding in special enemies that can cause a slowdown or add health/time, special events occur where you may be running or riding a horse! Pick up and use weapons or simple deflect/dodge attacks. It’s a game that is a lot of fun to play but no matter what’s going on, the gameplay is very simple and very repetitive which does grind you down over time and for that, the game should be attacked as a casual game. I liked what I played but after an hour I felt like I had seen everything and never felt an urge to carry on past that. I did in terms of the review but if I wasn’t reviewing it I would have given up a lot sooner.