Overworld Update Coming to “Minecraft: Pocket Edition” and “Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition” Beta
Xbox recently rolled out an update to Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta & Minecraft: Pocket Edition – basic redstone components. Today it has announced even more additions to the gameplay elements.
- Finally make more advanced mechanical contraptions for your world with additional redstone components. Comparators, repeaters, dispensers, droppers, hoppers, trapped chests and various additional Minecart types will all be available. Invent all the things!
- Tangle with spooky witches and their huts during your adventures. Witch huts found while exploring swamps also now contain an exciting new feature – their cauldrons will be filled with a randomly generated potion that you can snag for your own if you’re feeling sticky-fingered.
- Speaking of cauldrons, they can now be used to dye your armor an array of beautiful colors.
- Display your coolest loot in your home with Item Frames – or mount your maps on the wall to plan your adventures with a world overview.
- Other gameplay elements new to Pocket Edition and Windows 10 Beta are slime blocks, wearable pumpkins, red sandstone as well as improved chicken jockey mobs.
- Even beyond gameplay elements, we’re also now introducing the ability to import and export maps into the Windows 10 Edition Beta, making it easier for you to share your favorite worlds with friends.
- And for those of you who love racking up Gamerscore, there are eight new achievements on the Windows 10 Edition Beta totaling 170 additional Xbox Gamerscore that you can get
Camouflage – Kill a mob while wearing the same type of mob head.
Dispense With This – Construct a dispenser.
Tie Dye Outfit – Dye all 4 unique pieces of leather armor.
Map Room – Place 9 fully explored, adjacent maps into 9 item frames in a 3 by 3 square.
Trampoline Bounce – 30 blocks upward off of a slime block.
Freight Station – Use a Hopper to move an item from a Chest Minecart to a Chest.
Smelt Everything! – Connect 3 Chests to a single Furnace using 3 Hoppers.
Taste of Your Own Medicine – Poison a witch with a splash potion.