Paw Patrol The Movie Adventure City Calls Review (Xbox Series S)
For our Paw Patrol The Movie Adventure City Calls Review we catch up with our favorite pups Chase, Skye, Marshall, and new streetwise city girl, Liberty – and use their unique abilities in high-adrenaline rescue missions. Use next-level gadgets and vehicles to explore all-new locations from PAW Patrol: The Movie.
Paw Patrol The Movie Adventure City Calls Pros:
- Nice cartoon graphics.
- 4.3GB download size.
- 1000 Gamerscore.
- 3D action-adventure gameplay.
- In-game cutscenes.
- Can skip cutscenes.
- Tutorial video pop-ups.
- Eight levels.
- Puzzle elements but don’t worry as the game tells you the answers.
- Collect dog biscuits throughout the level, you have a counter alongside how many biscuits are in the level.
- Badges – 3 to find in each level.
- Each Paw Patrol member has a unique ability that triggers a mini game-style interaction when used.
- Very simple controls.
- Two-player local co-op.
- In Single-player you can swap between the two members of Paw Patrol at will.
- Extras – time trial, collect them all, obstacle races, and pup pup boogie mini-games.
- Easy Gamerscore game.
- A kid’s game.
Paw Patrol The Movie Adventure City Calls Cons:
- Not the best loading times.
- The Paw Patrol makes no noise.
- You will come to hate the word “Pawesome”.
- Plays and feels just like the last game.
- After finishing a level the cursor disappears and I have to reboot the game.
- Complete a level and you go back to the main menu.
- Very repetitive.
- Collecting the dog biscuits feels so empty and aimless.
- No online two-player Co-op.
- No replay value.
Related Post: Inbento Review (Xbox Series S)
Paw Patrol The Movie Adventure City Calls:
Developer: Drakhar Studio
Publisher: Outright Games
Store Links –
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 6/106/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 6/106/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10
Having played the previous Paw Patrol game, I consider myself an expert in all things dog. I remember noting that the last game was a kid’s game that was too basic and plain even for the youngest child, little has changed here. We still get bland basic levels with little in the way of a challenge, there are no enemies and you are playing just to collect biscuits and then driving a vehicle for a few minutes. It’s meant for kids but I honestly believe kids would want more, I see more depth and variety in free mobile games than in Paw Patrol The Movie. It’s a game that is not fun to play and has no life to it, none of the Paw Patrol outside of the human speak so it has no way to engage you. I struggled to get through the game as it was so repetitive, I can see a very young child enjoying it but only for a few levels, then Mum or Dad would have to take over and finish it so you can unlock the slightly better mini-games. Overall it’s basically the same game as before but with a different backdrop.