Plantera 2 Golden Acorn Review (Steam)
For our Plantera 2 Golden Acorn Review, we are back again to our own garden and watch it grow with all new plants, bushes, trees, mechanics, and animals. The round blue Mellows return to tend to the Garden once more and grow the big magical oak tree that has been rumored to have placed its seed there. Tend to the oak tree and grow it to the sky to harvest its Golden Acorns.
Plantera 2 Golden Acorn Review Pros:
- Nice cutesy cartoon graphics.
- Steam Achievements.
- 90.81MB Download size
- Graphics – fullscreen on/off.
- Clicker gameplay.
- The game can actually play itself.
- Three save slots.
- Host of new animals to place on your farm. They can drop items worth more gold than others. Pig for example can dig up one of a handful of items all varying in gold amount.
- The acron tree is at the centre of your farm and when you upgrade it the tree gets bigger.
- Beehives can be grown on the Acorn tree and they will attack any flying menaces.
- Aliens will come down and attempt to steal fruit.
- Acorns is a new currency that grows and drops from the tree. Normal acorns are used to upgrade the tree and effectiveness of things like acorn growing etc.
- Golden acorns are a little rarer and these give more acorns.
- God mode is where you can upgrade and tinker with the game. You get 6 choices – helper speed, grow speed, animal produce speed, produce speed, auto convert, and auto pick up.
- Five tree types to unlock and plant. Fruit will drop once ripe, You can of course click on them before that.
- Auto convert will turn a million dollars into a gold acorn automatically.
- Ten bush types to unlock and plant.
- You can upgrade the effectiveness of decorations to help with acorn growing.
- Ten plants to unlock and plant.
- Auto collect means you just have to hover the cursor over items to collect them.
- The whole game can be played with just the mouse.
- Scarecrows and dogs can be purchased and they will ward off intruders.
- Several intruders will attempt to steal your fruit! From moles, Ladybugs to wolves and foxes.
- Multiplier: You can purchase upgrades to increase the amount of gold you get per click on all items in your garden.
- Alarm clock: This sets how long your helpers will work after you turn the game off. You increase it by the hour.
- Bigger garden areas from previous versions.
- Stupidly easy to get into too.
- Earn EXP and level up to unlock new items and improve current unlocks.
- Unlock extensions to your level. You have three arrows you can click that send you to the far left, far right, or center.
- A Knight randomly appears and runs through your garden, clicking him gives money so go nuts.
- You can set decorations within the garden and the water in front.
- All new fish to click on.
- Items get more expensive as you buy them.
- Masks can be bought and get put on your helpers. Ten to choose from.
- Drag and drop delete system.
- Can change the view to show the different layers.
- Bushes, trees and plants are all on their own layer.
Plantera 2 Golden Acorn Review Cons:
- Lacks any real depth.
- The music is not good, It will drive you to the mute button so fast.
- Feels a bit like the helpers don’t always “help” they seem to spend more time just walking backward and forwards.
- Using the menu is clumsy.
- No actual graphics settings.
- Doesn’t offer any themes or visual effects.
- Takes about 6 or 7 hours to get everything unlocked, all achievements.
- Doesn’t let you personalise the farm.
- Plays and feels like the last game in every way.
Related Post: Warlander Preview (Steam Early Access)
Plantera 2 Golden Acorn:
Store Links –
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessibility - 8/108/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10