From the off you are in for a weird ride. Weird being one of the words I choose to use, for the game is one of those games that push the boundaries on so many levels. Having loved Postal 2 I was expecting a step up in all the areas that didnt quite make it in the previous game. Lets see how it fairs in a quick round up:
- The graphics have been upped to a decent level
- Controls at least for the shooting is improved to some level
- Weaponry is one of the best things about the game. Who needs normal guns when you can send a hive of angry bee’s at your enemy? not good enough? FINE then how about mauling someone to death with a harnessed rabid angry badger! you got it and so much more
- The humour in game is very marmite, for at first a few of the missions will have you laughing your ass off like working in a sex shop, your job being you have to pick up “used” tissues. But missions with an edgy theme can easily cross the line and offend players
- Few humorous posters, game boxes litter the game that raise a quick laugh
- I like using the petrol can and setting people on fire, I liked how it remembered exactly where I put the petrol
- Too many loading screens, and takes way too long. When you first boot the game it takes a good 4,5 minutes until you can
- As said the humour could rub you up the wrong way
- Its almost like they try too hard and put too many different jokes and references in that it feels a mess
- All other controls are really awkward and sluggish. Melee getting a special mention for being bad
- Had a fair few graphical glitches, people falling through floors, people disappearing, just got to the point where I had enough
- Suffers from same person syndrome, everyone looks the same.
- Missions are a repitive sort, seeing you doing the same sort of missions over and over
- The AI is really bad, a lot of the time they will ignore you or if they do by chance see you, they are such a bad aim I wouldnt worry for the most part
In summary I found it really hard to enjoy the game. I wanted too, the controversial missions and jokes don’t bother me. I’ve been known to play some of the more obscure games so this seemed like a good fit. Unfortunately there is too many problems. From the controls to the graphics to repetitive nature, I just couldn’t carry on with the game. I may one day drop back into it. The game may work better as a quick go as opposed to a session game. Your time may be better spent playing Postal 2 to be honest.