Preview: Brawlout (Steam Early Access)
Brawlout is the party fighting game, designed for couch play, online ranked matches and competitive tournaments.
- Nice cartoon graphics.
- Full controller support.
- Graphic options-Resolution, Display mode, Aspect ratio, Triple bufering, Limit FPS and texture/shadow/filtering quality.
- Framerate display option.
- Can rebind keys for bothe keyboard and controller.
- 2138GB Download size.
- Cool animations.
- Super Smash Brothers influenced brawler gameplay.
- Two modes- Local or online.
- Local-Couch play, Vs AI and practice.
- Online-Friendly, Ranked and private.
- Vs AI options- Game mode-Stock, Timed, Timed stock teams and competitive mode.
- Seven stages.
- Can watch live matches.
- Simple controls.
- CPU difficulty 1-9.
- Very easy to learn and get into.
- Solid fighting model.
- Handful of characters.
- Each fighter has a rage meter allowing secial moves.
- Each fighter has its own set of unique moves and powers.
- Like Smash, You do damage to opponents that build a percentage and that dictates how successful you will be when you knock someone off the stage.
- You win by knocking your opponents off the stage.
- No achievements yet.
- Minimal game types.
- Just feels like a bare bones Smash clone.
- No tutorial/Dojo game mode.
- Uses Overwatch menu structure.
- Levels are very plain and uneventful in themselves.
Brawlout is still in the early stages and despite being very plain, It does have a fantastic fight model where fights are balanced but fast and frantic. To be honest this game is a must for Smash players who turn off the items and prefer playing it as a straight up brawler. It defiantly has enough content to warrant a purchase now and with more to come its a no brainer.