Preview: Dead Age 2 (Steam Early Access)
The successful indie survival RPG “Dead Age” is back with a vengeance! No other game offers this mix of role-playing, rogue-like, fast-paced turn-based combat and survival all in one. Inspired by Darkest Dungeon, Fallout 1+2, This War of Mine and The Walking Dead.
- Cool graphics.
- 6750mb Download size.
- Steam achievements.
- Controller support.
- Graphics-fullscreen, borderless windowed, v-sync, and quality preset.
- 3 save slots.
- 3 difficulties-casual, normal, and hardcore.
- Stats screen.
- Character creator-hair, hair color, and ethnicity. You get 3 medals to upgrade your stats. Talent selection is multiple-choice sections like starting guns, weapon proficiency, etc.
- Four factions that give perks, buffs, weapons.
- Opening tutorial fights with menu pop-ups.
- Really good comic book style cutscenes and story moments.
- The story is written in a way very reminiscent of the choose your own adventure books.
- World map level select.
- Damage and status effects pop up in battle.
- Earn EXP and level up to get medals to use in your stats upgrades, get proficient to trigger special events or rendezvous.
- Loot drops from enemies.
- Day/night cycle with the zombies getting stronger and bigger in numbers at night.
- Base camp- can freely go between the rooms and gather supplies, trade, craft, etc. It looks and plays a bit like a Fallout Shelter type of game.
- Scouts-hire them to look for particular supplies and they will fill in locations on the map for you to travel to.
- Food and drink mechanics-you need water for your characters as you play and food is needed for the camp.
- Areas on the map will specialize in resources like the Woods-food rivers-water type of thing.
- Areas will have a rating on how many zombies you may encounter.
- Saves upon exiting the game.
- No female character choices.
- Loading times are quite long.
- Menu navigation with the controller is the left stick that acts as a mouse.
- You have to click a certain part of the screen to advance the text.
- A lot of reading and text pop-ups.
- Strategy gameplay.
- Combat-turn based on actions and movements dictated by A-action points.
- No voice acting.
- Menus are awkward and fiddly to use with the controller.