Preview: Fable Fortune (Steam)
A collectible card game that combines the iconic world and characters of the Fable series with fast-paced tactical gameplay.
- Charming graphics.
- 30009GB Download size.
- CCG- Collectible card game.
- Graphic options- Quality, Resolution and fullscreen on or off.
- Controls- Can all be played with a mouse.
- Controller support.
- Three modes- PvP, Co-op and training.
- Shop- Use in game currency for one pack or real money for multiples of packs.
- Deck builder section.
- Daily login bonus.
- Six characters each with unique traits and cards- Alchemist, Grave digger, Knight, Merchant, Prophet and shape shifter.
- Pre-made decks or you can make your own.
- Deck builder section has tabs for type but also a search bar.
- Can salvage and craft cards.
- Earn EXP and level up to get card packs.
- Familiar enchanting Fable atmosphere.
- Loud animated card animations and voice work.
- Turn timer.
- Gameplay follows Hearthstone closely where you need to destroy your opponents character. You can place cards in front except this time you can make any card “Guard” which for one turn puts them in the line of fire. Cards have the ability to change the flow of the game and the cards themselves.
- Online modes have a location rotation and co op rotates the boss.
- Quests- Choose from 3 quests to do in game, Completing one grants a bonus but also a chance to go good or evil for more loot. Whichever you go determines what happens going forward but also changes the appearance of your character.
- Each character has its own rank and levels up when played.
- Earn coins by playing matches.
- PvP- Earn medals by playing and advance through the league.
- Co-Op- 3 difficulties, Easy normal and hard. Play with a random or a friend and take turns attacking a boss. It works really well and you can suggest cards to each other as you can see both hands.
- Beautiful artwork from the levels to the cards.
- Mulligan is in play so you can change your starting hand.
- Like hearthstone you get a set amount of power (coins in this game) that determine what power cards you can play. Your power increases by one every round.
- Decent card opening animation and tells you when you have a new card.
- Cards come in many levels from common to rare to legendary.
- Online was solid every time we played it.
- No tutorial at all, Just a help section that takes you to a web page.
- Online matchmaking can take an age and its made worse with no indication on how it is all going.
- A lot to take in.
- No deck building help like suggestions.
- Few animations look a bit rough.
- Has no special noises or shout outs when you get the rarer card.
- Limited graphic options.
- Aside from training there is no single player stuff.
- No explanation of any of the systems in play like leveling and crafting.
For what we have at the moment, Fable fortune does a good job of making a fun card game set in the ever entertaining world of Fable. Many comparisons will be made to Hearthstone and other popular card games but the character and setting will always keep it unique. The signs are good with this one and the road map shows the devs are at least able to craft a niche in a some what overcrowded card game market.