Preview: Hell Let Loose (Steam Early Access)
Hell Let Loose is a realistic World War Two first-person shooter with open battles of 100 players with infantry, tanks, artillery, a dynamically shifting front line, and a unique resource-based strategic meta-game. This is World War Two at a scale you’ve never played before.
- Decent graphics.
- 16199mb download size.
- How to play section.
- Tactical WWII fps game.
- Server browser and filters.
- Three chat levels-Local, squad only and leader.
- Deploy/spawn in waves. Visible spawn timer.
- Deploy map has clear markings and a legend.
- Realistic and impressive surround sound.
- 50v50 mode.
- 14 roles to pick from like rifleman, medic, sniper, anti-tank, etc.
- Vehicles are in the game from the truck to tanks.
- On-screen prompts with helpful tips and tricks.
- Dark gritty atmosphere.
- Using voice chat and proper speak elevates the game to the next level.
- Can rebind keys.
- Practice area.
- Hardcore shooter in terms of no spectate or info where your killer was etc.
- No Steam achievements yet.
- Can’t use arrow keys for the main menu.
- How to play is just a series of text pages.
- A lot to take in.
- A lot of issues with resolution and not getting prompts on what is happening.
- No controller support.
- No feedback on deaths.
- Daunting experience.
- Nothing is very welcoming, just a cold opening menu then into a warzone.
- Hard to find populated servers.
- Spawn camping is a thing and a common one at that.
- No comms really kills it or if someone Lone wolves it.
If I had to describe the current state of Hell Let Loose I would simply say, its Squad regressed, it has a lot of comparable mechanics and features but is still struggling with the basics. I have no doubt this will all get fixed just like Squad but the numbers were low every time I logged on, I struggled to get any teamwork going, the help is just a time sink of reading and finding youtube videos. The gunplay seemed fine but most of the time it was panic firing. If you like the idea of Squad but in a WWII setting then you are sorted but bring friends!