Preview: Miasma Caves (Steam Early Access)
Miasma Caves is a pacifist roguelike game where you play as Lesath, a treasure hunter looking to appraise relics and revitalize her village in a procedurally generated cave system against the environment itself.
- Controller support.
- PlayStation 1 looking graphics.
- 5 save slots.
- 1356MB download size.
- First and third person views.
- Simple gameplay loop-find treasure and sell it.
- Can dig out walls and floors.
- Drag and drop inventory.
- Overworld where you can sell items and chat with NPC.
- Make money and buy new items/tools like treasure trackers and ropes.
- Randomly generated cave systems.
- Only resolution and windowed graphics option.
- The controller doesn’t work for everything.
- No tutorials.
- Long loading times.
- One song on loop.
- Screen tearing is frequent.
- Slow pace.
- A lot of game crashes.
- Feels flat and uneventful.
- Cave system is bland.
OK Miasma Caves is an early access game and this is just a preview, but atm it’s hard to know what this game actually is. It’s got less content than a demo and the performance of beta, it’s just way too early to really judge it as I haven’t quite worked out where it is going or what it wants to be. Much to say in its present state it did little to keep my attention.