Preview: Mini Battlegrounds (Steam Early Access)
Mini Battlegrounds is a multiplayer last-man-standing battle royale full of adrenaline-packed combat! With simple controls, this game is easy to pick up for new players, while maintaining a high skill cap to entertain the seasoned veterans of the genre.
- Chibi like graphics.
- 86MB Download size.
- Battle Royale gameplay.
- Solo/Duo support.
- Daily Quests.
- Customise- Skins for all guns and clothing.
- Online Leaderboards.
- Stats screen.
- Cosmetic score based on rarity or sets I believe.
- Supports up to 50 players.
- Money earns from playing the game and spend on crates for a random shot at skins.
- Decent crate opening animation.
- Really easy to play.
- Weapons spawn randomly on the map.
- Can go in buildings.
- An almost isometric view.
- Fun to play.
- Minor destruction like fences and small views.
- Weapons are varied from shotguns to SMG to RPG and grenades and molotovs.
- Simple controls just laid out awkwardly.
- Find gear in the game on a 3 level ratings meaning how effective they are.
- No graphics settings.
- Have to press Alt+Enter to get fullscreen.
- Long waiting times due to low player count.
- Cosmetic score?…..Why
- Controls are awkward and you have no way to change them. They don’t use the mouse wheel and hotkeys are random numbers.
- Lacks a tutorial or practice area.
- Cannot scroll the screen to look around.
- No cover option.
- Looks and feels like a decent mobile game.
- No achievements yet.
- No big map button.
- Lag is strong.
- Circle gets small too quick.
There is a great game here, But no one is playing it! Long wait times and games with <10 players is no fun. It has a cheap price point and the dev does seem to be committed to the project asking for suggestions and regularly updating it. I will as always keep an eye on it but at the moment its fun but only if you are willing to wait or like a free for all on a huge map!