Preview: Pacer (Steam Early Access)
PACER is high-octane anti-gravity racing at its most destructive. Customize your craft and weapons then engage in the campaign, a single-player race or compete against your rivals in explosive online multiplayer for the ultimate combat racing experience.
- Decent graphics.
- 17966mb Download size.
- Steam achievements.
- Controller support.
- Graphics-fullscreen, resolution, v-sync, anti aliasing, fps limit, billboard videos, motion blur and graphics preset (custom/minimum/medium/high/epic).
- Anti Gravity racing gameplay.
- Three modes-Race/campaign/war (online).
- Online leaderboards.
- Pilot stats.
- Garage-edit your ship by equipping cards to your ship slots- engine/handling/braking/anti gravit/left weapon/right weapon and skin cards for-Base/trail/exhaust/front/side/rear.
- Five-speed classes–FF4000/FF3000/FF2000/FF1000 and Elite. (only the first one is unlocked initially).
- Ten teams with unique ships and flags.
- Three default load-outs of cards that affect stats.
- Wipeout influence throughout.
- Three driving views-close, far and cockpit (first person).
- Speed boosts and pickups that are both defensive and offensive on the track.
- Tech credits-currency to buy cards.
- Explosive soundtrack with drum and bass, techno.
- Fast-paced racing.
- Controls-accelerate, boost, left and right weapons, rearview, air brakes for left and right.
- Race-pick a mode (time trial/quick race/clean race/speed lap/elimination and endurance), laps, racers, track, ship and load out.
- Tracks-eight of them with three variations on each of them which are-reverse/night and mirrored.
- Lobbies-name, password, game mode, speed class, map, variant, laps, and bot support.
- Online search has a lobby browser.
- No tutorials.
- Can’t rebind controls.
- A bit laggy on the menu.
- You have to unlock the tracks even just for race mode.
- Only one initial game speed.
- No difficulty/speed choice in race mode.
- Help is basic pages of text with a short video clip but is not an ideal way to learn.
- No music controls.
- Cheap Ai moves/tactics.
- The learning curve with the controls especially air brakes.