Preview: The Void Rains Upon Her Heart (Steam Early Access)
Control the heart of an alien girl and battle tough bosses in this Bullet-hell, Shoot-em-up with some rogue-lite elements. Love your way through randomly chosen boss battles leading up to a final battle. Each defeated monster will give her gifts that power up her heart. Don’t let her heartbreak!
- Nice graphics.
- 55MB Download size.
- Steam achievements.
- Graphics option-Fullscreen, V-Sync, Damage flash, Window size.
- Nudity on/off option.
- Controller support.
- Bullet hell shoot ’em up gameplay.
- Boss rush style game where you just face off against bosses.
- Can rewind controls.
- Many stackable upgrade items in the form of gifts, These range from health boosts to DPS improvements and more.
- Karma- Earn through playing and getting as rewards from beating the boss, Not using special moves etc. Karma increases the number of monster cards you choose from when selecting a level.
- Attributes screen shows you all your stats like health, Power of attacks etc.
- Heart- Your ship that auto fires, You can slow down time, AoE attack and charged attack.
- Three difficulties- Light, Heavy and torrent.
- Multiple endings to the story everytime you play its something new.
- Each difficulty shows the best score, the Highest level, and clear time.
- Roguelike as you only get one life a run and have to start again upon death.
- Simple controls.
- Nightmares- The cards you select to play against. Eventually, the cards fill out with monsters and challenges but at the start, they just say what level difficult they are.
- The monster section shows off the monsters and has a description and you can fill them in with strengths and weaknesses.
- Can rewatch/read cutscenes.
- Music selectors.
- Story mode- Two story options and you play against 10 random monsters.
- Tetrids- Your permanent unlock area. When you face the different monster types you fill these Tetrids. Once full you fill the blank unknown cards with challenges and monsters so you know who to fight against.
- Radiate- Use collected cards to radiate and permanently unlock the revealed gifts so you know what you are fighting for beforehand.
- Quickplay- Face off against any boss any level and go for medals.
- Different levels of the same boss will have different attacks.
- Easy to get into.
- A lot of replayability.
- No real explanation in the game about all the systems in play.
- Feels like all you do is unlock music for the majority of the first gifts.
- Can only shoot from left to right.
- No online leaderboards.
- You have to unlock a lot of the difficulties and modes and second story option.
- Takes a while to get your run going.
At first glance, I honestly thought this game may be just another cutesy little shooter with a nice idea, But luckily for me, I was completely wrong. For here you get what looks like a simple shooter but is, in fact, a deep rewarding roguelike shoot em up! You collect card info on monsters, You choose who to fight and what difficulty to do it on, All under the umbrella of randomness. I found myself getting hooked on collecting as much as I can and seeing all the game has to offer. The latter part did not go well as I have since found out that I suck at shmups still after all these years. Glad to say I can still see what the game has to offer albeit at a much slower pace. It may be early access and look simple but it is a very content heavy beast of a game with some truly great boss fights.