Preview: Worlds Adrift (Steam Early Access)
The world is broken, shattered from a calamity that time has since forgotten. It falls to you to navigate these treacherous skies, competing against your fellow traveler for resource and lost technology.
- Decent graphics.
- 23727MB Download size.
- Trading cards.
- Deep character creator.
- Tutorial pop-ups.
- Community crafted MMO gameplay.
- Starter zone- Here you can craft and get a grasp on the mechanics of the game.
- Ships- You can create a ship thanks to many many types of material resulting in endless possibilities. You can attach any piece together and uses the proper ins and outs so you need a motor, Steering wheel etc.
- Tools- You start with what you need really. Scanner, Scavenger tool, grappling hook and a shipbuilding tool. All have their own descriptions.
- Island creator- Shared into everyone’s world. A really deep tool that allows you to create actual worlds and import them into the main game. You can add dungeons, settlements and more.
- The game is huge thanks to the constant stream of players created worlds along with the many built-in worlds to explore.
- Building a ship is a lot of fun and seriously you can create some right monsters.
- The feeling when you get your ship to fly.
- Play how you want.
- A lot of lore and loot to find in the game.
- Some jaw-dropping vistas.
- Loot can respawn along with resources.
- Islands are floating in the world and look insane.
- Great draw distance.
- Combat is both ground and air based.
- Crafting/resour5ces work just like in Ark and Minecraft. Shoot trees for wood but use a different weapon to get something else etc.
- Deep dungeon diving possibilities.
- Grapple hook is awesome Just Cause it looks friggin sweet and can attach to anything even islands.
- Best played with friends.
- Long load times.
- Despite the tutorial pop-ups, It really doesn’t help you grasp the basics.
- No PVE.
- Starter zone campers everywhere. As soon as you leave you almost instantly die, If you manage to get out there, You get hunted very quickly.
- Combat is awkward and clumsy.
- No Steam achievements yet.
- Griefing is rampant.
- No quests or NPC.
- Outside of building a ship, The game is very aimless.
- Frustrating mechanics in shipbuilding mixed with the controls.
- Very lonely experience in solo, Lacks any sort of reason to make friends in the game.