Pureya Review (Steam)
Pureya is a collection of arcade minigames that play with just 2 buttons. Every 10 seconds, the game will jump from one random minigame to another. Avoid obstacles and collect as many marbles as you can then use them in the pachinko machine to unlock new mini-games, music, and skins. Enjoy a varied collection of 30+ minigames 10 seconds at a time or challenge them individually to aim for a high score.
- Decent pixel art graphics.
- 139.41MB download size.
- Steam achievements.
- Controller support.
- Graphics-fullscreen and resolution.
- Mini-game collection gameplay.
- Shows the time in the corner.
- 3 game modes-normal (a handful of levels), favorite (pick one and play until you fail), and infinite (play until you fail to go through all unlocked games).
- Marbles-collect them in-game and then you spend them by putting them into a Pachinko style game whereby you set the force the marble ejects and then the pegs determine where it will land, match 3 icons and win prizes.
- Skins-unlock new skins that will randomly appear in-game by spending your marbles.
- Unlock new games by finding the four corresponding images which will then add to the mix.
- Can view all unlocked skins.
- All modes earn marbles.
- Best marble run/score shows on each game type.
- Controls-you uses just the left stick to move. Any buttons will pause the game.
- Games are varied from a Bird flying down a waterfall where you need to avoid rocks to a paper plane avoiding balloons all the way to a Flappy Bird clone and a football game.
- Gets very addictive as it just keeps looping.
- In standard play, you get to play a handful of games for a set time, and then it instantly changes into another game, if you crash/fail you just respawn.
- Speedometer-as you combo actions together the game speed will increase.
- No modes or options have text explaining what they are or do.
- Some of the mini-games are not very good.
- Controls are ridiculously simple but you will still press buttons!
- No tutorials.
- That whole Pachinko/gambling machine is a bastard to get good at plus it can take ages.
- Respawn times are slow.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessibility - 8/108/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 9/109/10
Pureya is a mini-game compilation that is high on repetition and small on annoying controls and options. Initially, it’s a baptism of fire as you realize only the left stick is used, no option or menu has text, in fact, the only text in the game is the credits! Controls-wise buttons will pause the game and that shit gets old fast but you let it go eventually. The mini-games are all very similar as it usually involves you avoiding something and collecting marbles to then gamble away in a machine. Like I say it’s a pleasant game and some of the games are good and some are terrible. Unlocking skins and games is all down to getting marbles into specific holes in the gambling machine which is slow and unpredictable. All said and done Pureya is a fun albeit simple mini-game machine that will delight in short bursts.