Review: 2064: Read Only Memories INTEGRAL (Nintendo Switch)
2064: Read Only Memories INTEGRAL features all of the original content featured in previous releases, enhanced and expanded with a host of brand new content and features exclusive to the Nintendo Switch.
- Pixel art graphics.
- 1.36GB Download size.
- Visual novel gameplay with point and click interactions.
- Simple controls.
- Low fi soundtrack.
- Puzzle elements.
- The game is set within a Neo-San Francisco.
- Save when you want.
- HD rumble support.
- All-star voice cast.
- Character creator- Name, Set pronouns, and preferred diet.
- Best played with headphones.
- A huge amount of extras exclusive to the Nintendo Switch version- Movie gallery, Main cast bios, Sights of Neo-San Francisco digital artbook, Sounds of Neo-San Francisco soundtrack with a jukebox and Turing recolor names.
- PUNKS- Remastered side story that can be played when you want.
- A diverse and entertaining cast of characters.
- Endless Christmas- Extended epilogue.
- Cyberpunk atmosphere.
- Very engrossing.
- Treat the game like a book.
- Very thought provoking story.
- A lot of replayability thanks to multiple endings and a branching “many possibilities” conversations.
- No touchscreen support.
- Slow paced.
- Menu structure is awkward. You can see a menu but you cannot use it until you press this button to do this or press this button to go there.
- At times I felt like my answers/choices didn’t really matter.
- Not a fullscreen game, A lot of dead space.
- This type of game is not for everyone.
- Graphics - 9/109/10
- Sound - 9/109/10
- Accessability - 9/109/10
- Length - 9/109/10
- Fun Factor - 9/109/10
A strong game that will wrap you up in a strong story and sprinkle a lovely yet catchy soundtrack with the simple point and click interactions. Originally I approached the game as just another point and click game, Big mistake as it is definitely more of a visual novel, A game you kick back with a cup of tea, Headphones on and just forget your surroundings. The cast of characters, (Voiced by many all-stars like Jim Sterling and Xavier Woods) is full of charm and charisma and you will lose hours just learning about them all. Basically, if you want a visual novel with a strong game with an equally strong vocal performance and soundtrack then this is the game for you. The fact you get a whole load of extras like trailers and bios will do nothing but add a cherry on top of an already awesome cake.