Review: Affordable Space Adventures (WiiU)
Affordable Space Adventures is a stealth puzzle spaceship simulator. Control your craft solo or in a crew of up to three players. The Wii U GamePad is your Heads Down Display and gives you precise control over all the internal systems of the ship. Tweak the thrusters, antigravity, stabilizer and many more systems in order to successfully navigate a hostile planet and sneak past alien robots. Explosions, engine shutdowns, blown fuses and implosions may occur.
- Graphics are truly remarkable, With lush vivid areas to explore, lighting and not to mention crazy detail and loading screen art. It is a pure delight to look at.
- AAA presentation. From the get go you feel as though you are playing a mega budget title.
- Three player local co op.
- 3 man crew: Science officer- who controls engines, speed and all things power related. Operator is the person who aims the light and fires equipment and finally the navigator does the actual flying. All roles can be assigned.
- Two difficulties: Tourist (normal) and Technical (hard). The game changes in terms of extra enemies, harder enemies and much more.
- Opening tutorial section with ongoing assistance from pop up screens and the database.
- Bite sized levels.
- Log details everything you do, Every hit, every death is recorded here complete with a date and time stamp.
- HUD which is used by the science officer is all on the Wii U gamepad.
- Puzzle action stealth type game play.
- Really atmospheric, You get proper transported into a whole new world and love exploring the vast space.
- Great soundtrack with excellent sound effects.
- Three save slots.
- Miiverse integration which can be turned on/off.
- Loading screens contain backstory and helpful hints.
- World map.
- Can replay levels.
- Best played in local co op.
- Can be played solo.
- Slow starter.
- Lots of long loading screens.
- Dosent support the Wii pad.
- Long loading times.
In Summary, Hands down best Wii U game I have ever played! It uses the systems hardware to perfection. Playing in a team of three is some of the best local play I have experienced. My 8 year old son was able to join in and have fun, Hell I even managed to play it with him without losing my temper! But aside from that the game is clever, fun to play and so atmospheric it makes you want to cry. Honestly it is that good! The puzzles are hard, The game punishes you but you still keep coming back for more. I tried to play it solo and its still fun but it loses alot of the experience. In short, If you own a Wii U then you MUST buy this game.