Review: Agents Of Mayhem (Steam)
In Agents of MAYHEM, you run a no-holds barred operation against a shadowy super-villain organization known only as LEGION and their mysterious leader, the Morningstar.
- Lush HD graphics.
- Steam achievements.
- 4484MB Download size.
- HDR support.
- Graphic options: AA, V-Sync, Resolution, Light shafts, Presets, Refresh rate, FXAA, TXAA, Texture cache, Scene detail, Motion blur, Depth of field and reflections.
- Anime cutscenes.
- Opening tutorial with ongoing support.
- Three opening characters- Hollywood, Fortune and Hardtack. You unlock a total of tweleve by the end. Each one is unique.
- Earn EXP, Level up and unlock gadgets and buffs.
- Humour, Profanity and sarcasm throughout.
- Ark- Main hub with shops for crafting, Garage to upgrade.choose your car, Unlock new abilities and tech. Can choose missions and team management and difficulty.
- Open world- Strong Saints row meets Crackdown vibe.
- Mission difficulty- 0-15, Increases drop rates and EXP earned from enemies.
- You have a personal talking car that can be summoned whenever you like.
- Set within the Saints row universe.
- GPS- Can set a destination and you get a neon driving line on the road.
- Fun to play.
- Play how you want, Trigger the story mission when you like.
- New locations/mechanics unlock as you progress.
- Capture locations to generate income.
- Hilarious infomercial loading screens.
- Lots of neon everywhere.
- Optional side missions/activities.
- Character loadout-Gadgets, Abilities and passives.
- Really well optimised.
- Fun abilities and moves to mess around with.
- Cars have radios and you can change channel.
- Crystal shards- Hidden all over the world and emit a noise, For every ten you collect, Earn a upgrade point.
- Enemies drop cash and resources.
- Loot crates hidden around.
- Can hot swap between characters with a press of a button.
- Three man squad with each character being a particular class like tank or gunner.
- Secret platforms and areas to find.
- No fall damage.
- Has events underground which act and play like a dungeon.
- Nice living world.
- Can steal any car.
- A lot of swearing.
- Landing on ledges is a bit broken as you get stuck in a falling animation.
- At times the world feels empty of action.
- No multiplayer or co-op.
- Can get repetitive.
- Side quests have little variety.
- Levels dont load correctly like enemies behind walls.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessability - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
- Length - 8/108/10
Agents Of Mayhem is a fun ass game. I mean its completely bonkers and does stupid things just because videogames. It has so much going on and is so fun to play you can easily get lost in all the mayhem. I found though that after extensive play all missions started to feel the same, I couldn’t be arsed with the activities as it never felt worth it. That said its still a fun sandbox to shoot people and have fun. I just wish it had some sort of co-op so you could share the madness but as it is it is a lot of fun.