Review: Angry Birds VR Isle of Pigs (psvr)
Explore the remote island where the greedy green pigs take their vacation in 50+ fun-filled levels (and more to come!) Make your way up to party city through exotic beaches, steep cliffs, and snowy slopes, destroying their structures in the most spectacular way to earn those all-important stars.
- Cutesy cartoon graphics.
- 1.34gb download size.
- 4 areas with 13 levels.
- Tutorials as you play.
- Controls–two move controllers, one is the catapult and the other is used to pull it back.
- Levels have a set amount of points on the level you can teleport too for a different perspective.
- Full of charm.
- Keeps the easy playability and accessibility of the series.
- So much fun to play.
- Can replay levels.
- 1-3 star rating based.
- String physics game.
- 12 trophies.
- The aiming line shows at all times.
- Birds-red one, yellow, black and blue.
- Only 4 areas.
- Doesn’t have all the Angry Birds.
- Weird delay at the end of the level with you not knowing if it’s over.
- No leaderboards.
- Very bare bones.
- Any sort of tracking issues ruin it and make it unplayable.
- No platinum trophy.
- Can only use two move controllers.
- Basic tutorial.
- Little incentive for replay levels.
- Graphics - 9/109/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessibility - 9/109/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
Angry birds vr is instantly accessible. The controls are just so tight and more importantly straight forward. One hand has the catapult and the other pulls back in it… Simples. The actual gameplay is so much more fun this time around thanks to the excellent job they do of making you feel like you are in the world. Teleporting around allows next level puzzle solving solutions. I really enjoyed playing the game but as with all things like this, you just don’t get enough content, with so many Angry Bird games on the market, this VR outing is very slim, granted they negate a lot of negativity by adding the pigs in the title but even then half the cast of the birds are missing. In short, fantastic VR experience but very short and limited but still worth playing just because it is so welcoming.