Review: Animated Jigsaws: Beautiful Japanese Scenery (Nintendo Switch)
Animated Jigsaws – Beautiful Japanese Scenery contains moving images from spring, summer, autumn, and winter, capturing the natural beauty of Japan from all four seasons. Piece together scenes from some of Japanese most famous places including Mt. Fuji, Kyoto, Tokyo and the snow monkeys enjoying a bath in a natural hot spring! The hectic scramble crossing at the metropolitan Shibuya district in Tokyo is also included.
- 10 images with three initially unlocked and you play to get the rest.
- Full touchscreen support.
- Options- Three music tracks, BGM on/off and SFX on/off.
- Puzzle piece amount- 60, 120 or 240.
- Four players local mp support.
- Three color backgrounds.
- Simple to play.
- Group button in the game that sorts edge pieces and inside pieces into piles.
- The sample allows you to check out the image.
- Excellent brain workout slash timewaster.
- Can play with the buttons and stick.
- 418MB Download size.
- Images animate as you are playing.
- Pieces snap into place.
- A lot of replayability.
- Timed and keeps your best score saved.
- Some beautiful images.
- MP players require their own Joycon so no hot seat mode.
- No leaderboards.
- Really small play area so you have less space to sort pieces yourself.
- The more pieces you have the smaller the pieces making it hard to look at and even harder to move with your slightly bigger than the finger.
- Basic no frills.
- Unrewarding jigsaw complete screen.
- Graphics - 9/109/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessability - 9/109/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10
I mean its a game about jigsaws! Its a bit hard to cock this up or really innovate it. What we get here is a decent jigsaw game with the added bonus of the images being animated, Outside of that, it is very barebones and not full of surprises. I mean the local mp is alright fun but to be honest its just a cool chill out game. Like jigsaw? Sorted, Don’t like jigsaws? Avoid.