Review: Arctic Trucker Simulator (Steam)
Arctic Trucker Simulator – officially endorsed by Alex Debogorski – takes you down the world’s iciest and most dangerous roads!
- Steam achievements.
- Full controller support.
- Graphic options: Resolution, Full screen,Graphics from basic to excellent and draw distance for trees and horizon.
- Small download.
- Dynamic weather changes.
- Graphics are low quality and look very much like a bad mobile port.
- Engine noise plays when on pause screen.
- No physics at all.
- Horrible music.
- Menu with controller is slow and clunky and just not user friendly.
- Side mirrors reflection is painted on.
- Ugly dashboard textures.
- No tutorial.
- Lacklustre graphic options.
- Mouse arrow doesnt go away when on controller.
- Truck doesnt skid on ice or have proper crash detection.
- No danger on the ice, Its like you are on a solid safe road. Only difference is you have obstacles to drive around.
- Trailer just dissapears when you hit the location icon.
- Basic colour chart for spraying your truck and it sprays the whole thing.
- Ugly MS paint style logos.
- Missions are just generic boring pick a load and drive to a point and drive back.
- Night time driving isnt actually that dark and you don’t need to use your lights.
- No traffic or wildlife about.
- All trucks handle the same even after upgrades little changes.
- No decent weather effects like snow, White outs or heavy rain.
- Graphics - 3/103/10
- Sound - 2/102/10
- Accessability - 3/103/10
- Length - 2/102/10
- Fun Factor - 2/102/10
For years I have been crying out for a decent Ice Road Truckers game. We got a small bite size sniff at it on PS Minis a few years back but it wasnt that good. I saw Arctic Trucker Simulator and thought this could be the one. Soon I realised the PS Mini game was better in so many ways. I mean this game just isnt fun, Has no ice road trucking scenarios or dangers. Driving on ice is a no go, No severe weather or white outs. The physics are non existent and its just so bland and dead. I really struggled to play it and I tried so hard to get more from it but I just couldn’t kid myself. In short this is not a truck sim game in anyway other than in name. It not even an arctic driving game, Its just a mobile port of a bland driving game with a lot of white scenery.