Review: Assetto Corsa Competizione (PlayStation 4)
Assetto Corsa Competizione is the new official GT World Challenge videogame. Thanks to the extraordinary quality of simulation, the game will allow you to experience the real atmosphere of the FIA GT3 homologated championship, competing against official drivers, teams, cars, and circuits.
- Stunning graphics.
- 17.81gb download size.
- Platinum trophy.
- Driving gameplay.
- Five main modes-Championship, career, single player, multiplayer and special events.
- Can tweak the Hud to your liking.
- Five assist settings-beginner, rookie, expert, pro, and custom.
- Full steering wheel support.
- Career difficulty settings-auto gearbox/racing line and duration (short/medium/long).
- Realistic driving sim.
- Special events-you get a set car, track, and conditions and a mode like a hot lap. I say it like this as it feels like this could be an ever changing mode.
- Single player-set your own race up like car, whether, track, laps, difficulty, and even if it’s set in the 2018 or 2019 GT series.
- Championship-2018 or 2019 GT series, set all the options like laps, weather, how many opponents, penalties, etc and you have 4 seasons types-Custom/all/sprint/endurance.
- Career starts with you in the youngster program.
- Seven driving views-bumper, bonnet, in the car, far, far away, dashboard, and closer in car view.
- Really helpful on screen radar pop up that not only shows you where an opponent car is but how close it is.
- Proper earthy hardcore driving experience where it requires so much concentration and dedication.
- Career has you do an initial 10-minute event whereby at the end you get a recommendation on what difficulty to use.
- Realism settings-Damage rate, Tyre/fuel consumption, tire sets, brake temperature, penalties.
- Drive assist settings-gearbox, clutch, engine start, wipers, lights, pit limiter, stability control, ideal line.
- Full damage model.
- Few performance issues.
- Cheap Ai tactics.
- The slight learning curve with the handling.
- Less of an experience playing with the controller.
- Graphics - 9/109/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessibility - 8/108/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10