Review: Aven Colony (PlayStation 4)
Explore the treacherous badlands of Cerulean Vale. This additonal sandbox map features the harshest environment yet, and the greatest rewards. Push yourself to the limit of extrasolar survival!
- Gorgeous graphics with amazing detail.
- 7.40GB Download size.
- Platinum trophy.
- Base building, Man management, Resource gameplay.
- Two modes- Campaign or Sandbox.
- Opening and ongoing support with a help section on hand.
- Options- Crisis speed, Game speed, Subtitles and invert sticks.
- Lush huge environments.
- Overall rank based on campaign progress.
- Autosaves regularly and you have save whenever you like.
- 1x to 8x game speed and can be changed on the fly.
- Missions will pop up in the notification area and can give a detailed description on what needs to be done.
- Weather- Rain, Thunderstorms, Snow, Ice, Sun and even the devastating shard storm.
- Deep rewarding gameplay.
- Pause menu shows the control layout.
- Radial dial used for construction, Makes it a smooth experience.
- Full camera control. Can zoom in, Rotate etc.
- Possible to go into set cameras and watch your people live their lives.
- Harness the power from the planet.
- So much fun to play.
- Deep game made approachable thanks to the menu layout and structure. Jumping between tasks is effortless.
- Can upgrade buildings, Change what your farms are cultivating.
- Set up trade negotiations with other settlements.
- Seven difficulties- From cake walk to insane.
- Crisis can happen from toxic gas to job shortages.
- Full building management options like setting priority of jobs, Look at how the building is progressing.
- A lot to take in.
- Feels like pop ups are constant and do annoy.
- The UI is daunting to look at first time.
- Takes a little while to get used to what you need to do.
- Graphics - 9/109/10
- Sound - 9/109/10
- Accessability - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 9/109/10
- Length - 10/1010/10
Aven Colony is the new benchmark for the genre. Its ease of access is astounding and the level of depth is next level. I expected to get bored of the game and get annoyed with all the juggling but nope, Many many hours later and Im still just as invested as I was hour 2. I just cannot get over how easy yet deep it all is. The graphics are superb and watching the city grow is a thing of joy. Aven Colony is out of this world.