Review: Axis Football 2017 (Steam)
Axis Football is an American football simulation featuring massive customization and a complete franchise mode.
- Nice graphics.
- 2946MB Download size.
- Steam achievements.
- Graphics-Resolution, Fullscreen, Graphic quality choice.
- Customize-Tutorial video. Player and uniform editor.
- Two modes-Exhibition and Franchise.
- Uniform editor-Colours, Fonts, Visors, Number placement, Outlines, Uniform set/choices.
- Player editor-Name, Height, Weight, Number, Any stats can be changed, Salary, Age, Contract length, Portrait, Visor, Wraps etc.
- Exhibiton-Vs AI, PvP, Coach mode and AI V AI.
- Seven fictional stadiums.
- Weather-Clear, Rain, Snow and overcast. Day and night.
- Four AI difficulties-Rookie, Pro, All star and hall of fame. You set the difficulty for offense and defense seperately.
- Quarter length-3,5,10 or 15 minutes.
- Player fatigue on/off.
- American football game.
- All fictional names and teams.
- Franchise- 3 saves, Play mode, Coach, Spectate or sim mode, Stats, Depth chart and schedule.
- Full commentary- Two man team calling the plays and a woman doing the touchline.
- Easy to use playbook with ask Mike option. Simple one button input. Can flip plays or call an audible.
- Simple controls that are very close to the Madden layout.
- Easy to read/use UI.
- Solid gameplay.
- A lot of content and replayability.
- Can see the route before the snap by pressing a button.
- Fun to play.
- Is a solid American football game thanks to decent animations and hit models.
- Easier to perform special moves like hits and jukes.
- Kick off and field goals are using the arrow system for direction and height, And power is determined by stopping the bar.
- Mouse cursor stays on screen when using a controller.
- Customise menu uses the mouse regardless if you use a controller or not.
- AI can be a bit dumb.
- Hard to see the kick arrow.
- Little bit of dodgy hit detection.
- Player portraits are not flattering.
- Throwing the ball is an absolute nightmare with the controller.
- No handy on screen button prompts for things like throws or jukes etc.
- Switching players can be slow.
- No online modes.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessability - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
- Length - 7/107/10
Axis football is a fantastic alternative to the ever dominant Madden series. Ok it doesn’t have the flair or graphics of Madden but it does nail the American football game. With much easier controls and a full customisation system, This game really does have a lot going for it. Being able to customise the whole experience and make up your teams and players is excellent. I hope the few little niggles get ironed out but even now I really like this game and it serves my purpose in every way.