Review: Back To Bed (PS4)
In Back to Bed you guide the sleepwalker Bob to the safety of his bed by taking control of his subconscious guardian named Subob. Together they will travel through a surreal and painting-like dream world, avoiding dangers and getting safely back to bed.
- Wonderful hand drawn abstract graphics.
- Triple cross buy title.
- Cross save across all 3 devices.
- Puzzle gameplay. You are tasked with getting Bob back to bed whilst avoiding obstacles and guiding hime with various objects.
- 16 Trophies.
- You can fast forward time.
- Helpful hints/Tutorial as you play.
- Camera can be zoomed in and out.
- Handy footprints on screen to show where Bob is headed.
- Spoken language is a take on the reverse language made popular in Twin Peaks. Its very eerie and mysterious yet fitting for this game.
- Voice goes high pitch when fast forward is used.
- Easy to play.
- Simple control scheme.
- Uses the DS4 speaker for voice and sound effects.
- A charming atmosphere.
- Can get quite tricky when having to place objects quickly.
- Difficulty spikes can strike at any point.
- No rewind time button.
- Little to no replay ability.
- Game itself is very short and can be clocked in a few hours.
Back to Bed is one of those games that can easily slip you by. With abstract graphics and simple formula, You can be forgiven for thinking you have played this game many times before in many different ways. Truth is you may have but that doesn’t mean you should overlook this little gem. For here you get not only beautiful abstract levels but you get solid gameplay wrapped up in a dream world. The voice choice is a stroke of brilliance and really fire home the eerie undertone to proceedings. Yes it is a short game but man will you have fun along the way, Admire the complexity of some of the puzzles and marvel at its production values. In short its a wonderful experience and a must play title.