Review: Baseball Riot (Xbox One)
Baseball Riot is a fun physics based puzzle game packed with slapstick comedy and mayhem!
- Hand drawn cartoon graphics.
- Gameplay is a physics puzzle game. You hit a baseball at enemies, Bouncing the balls of the walls and floor.
- Opening tutorial.
- Simple asy to use controls. Aim with the stick and press A to fire.
- Great timewaster.
- Really easy to get into.
- Collect stars in a level to unlock further levels.
- Bonus optional side mission for the area to earn bonus stars.
- Earn extra balls in game.
- Literally 100’s of levels. Each square if the map has a dozen or so levels in each. And with a load of squares, You won’t be finishing this game anytime soon.
- Many enemy types bringing more puzzle feels to the game. Some enemies can only be hit from behind as well as other enemies who can catch the ball.
- Precise aiming bar.
- Clever level design.
- Humour throughout.
- Repetitive gameplay.
- Three starring levels is kind of a non-starter as it is not that important.
- Feels like a missed trick to not have ball powerups for yourself.
- Difficulty spikes.
- Proper online leaderboards would at least add more competition to it all.