Review: Beach Buggy Racing (XB1)
Beach Buggy Racing is back with an explosive sequel! Drive into an action-packed, surprise-filled world of off-road kart racing mayhem. Race against a field of rival drivers, each with unique personalities and special abilities.
- big chunky HD graphics.
- Mario Kart influenced gameplay.
- Opening tutorial.
- Simple controls.
- Daily challenges.
- Online and offline modes.
- Offline supports up to 6 players splitscreen
- Online leaderboards for each track in each mode.
- Collect coins by racing.
- Upgrade car stats like acceleration, top speed, handling and strength. Upgrading increases your overall BHP.
- Paint car and add decals and change designs.
- Full stats and progress breakdown.
- Each level has 3 stars to earn. Stars unlock new races.
- Unlock new cars and drivers.
- Every character has a unique special attack that can be used once charged.
- Power ups section details every power up and what they do.
- Collect and use power ups in game just like Mario Kart.
- 9 Championships each raising the difficulty.
- Various Enviroments ranging from markets to jungles to caves to beaches.
- Family fun vibe to the whole game.
- End of championship boss race.
- Good tight handling that can be improved with the stat
- Intro for every level.
- 1000 Gamerscore.
- Pick up and play.
- 10 characters to unlock and use.
- Top bar shows racer positions.
- If you upgrade your car too much for a race, the game will automatically downgrade the car for you whilst keeping the upgrades for after.
- Jump starts are your new boost starts.
- Quick race is pick a car and track and off you go.
- Championship is a standalone here’s a car and a championship affair.
- Different race types like races, elimination, time attack and smash targets.
- Split screen allows you to pick what part of the screen you want. change paint job, decals and BHP class.
- Cheap AI especially in the later levels.
- No camera controls.
- Difficulty spikes.
- Handling is harsh at first.
- Cannot shoot backwards.
- No AI in Split screen races.
In Summary, The game is a lot of fun! It is a joy to play and looks really good. it’s one of those games that is just smile inducing fun. It’s a simple well used concept but the execution is top notch. it’s a game you can just put on and relax with. With a low price point and hours of fun to be had, Its worth owning this little gem.