Review: Blade II – The Return Of Evil (Nintendo Switch)
Blade 2 is a fast-paced, responsive action RPG that requires players to learn the patterns of enemies and master the timing of counter-attacks and dodges. Your skills above all else will determine your success.
- Amazing graphics.
- 2.3gb download size.
- Can rebind controls.
- Action RPG gameplay.
- Quality in-engine cutscenes.
- 4 characters- Gladiator, assassin, wizard, and fighter.
- Earn EXP and level up to increase your stats and unlock skills.
- 7 acts with a handful of levels within them.
- Each level has a boss fight.
- Korean voice work.
- Combo counter.
- A real button masher.
- Plays like a scaled-back Bayonetta.
- Earn 3 stars in a level. Stars are tied to pre-determined tasks.
- Weapons/gear has durability and can be repaired between levels.
- Fast and furious action.
- Gets a fair bit of slowdown.
- Hard to judge counter attacks.
- Button masher.
- Not the best loading times.
- Menu controls are not fluid.
- Repairing the items is painful as you have to click into each individual piece.
- Graphics - 9/109/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
This game is a surprise package for me. I was kinda thinking it would be a simple hack and slasher with a cool gimmick or something. What it actually is Is an RPG slasher game that plays and feels like a really good Bayonetta game. Complete with combo counter and lavish attacks, you can counter enemy attacks and chain killer combos. Boss fights are hard yet fun. Levels look excellent and varied, they do repeat themselves at times but the action moves at such a pace it’s no big deal. It has slowdown and a few menu niggles but overall its a very impressive game both in looks and in execution. If you have a void in your life after Bayonetta then you are covered.