Review: Blek (Wii U)
Blek is a unique, award-winning game about imagination and personality. Everything you draw keeps moving – and watching your creations move is like watching magic.
- Graphics are does, just does. High Def does but does none the less.
- Gameplay is mirrored on TV and gamepad.
- Puzzle gameplay. Make/draw lines, shapes etc and hit all coloured does while avoiding the black dots.
- Control is all done with the stylus. You can draw straight lines, curves, waves and anything else. Once drawn the design will move across the screen.
- Really clever game.
- You can replay older levels by hitting the back arrow.
- Small file size.
- Simple abstract music.
- No tutorial.
- No front end or menu at all.
- You cannot skip levels.
- Very basic in every way.
In Summary, this is a prime example of keeping it simple. With no UI or front end at all, It’s just you and the game and that works so well. I really like the control idea and it works. It’s a small cheap game but offers hours of play. It is a good work out for the brain. In short, style wins over substance in this game and it’s a nice little puzzle game that is worth a look.