Blockstorm is a FPS game set in a world made of destructible blocks. All maps and characters included in the game are made with the same tools that are available to the public. You can build everything in Blockstorm, and you can destroy it.
- VOXEL graphics engine.
- Can use a pad via the rebinding menu, Re assigning keyboard keys is also found in here.
- Every level no matter how good it looks and well designed it is…Can be blown up! Use a spade,gunfire or explosives to destroy the blocks and create your own battlefield.
- Really powerful editors using full 3D models, You can create your own levels and characters. You can use/save templates off of other peoples creations and tweak them yourself. The level editor can populate a base level and then you adjust it or you can go in and place each block.
- Online shooter with a huge Minecraft influence.
- Host your own games online with options like NAT,ports and password at your disposal.
- Loads of pre made characters already in the game with a lot of cameo appearances albeit with different names.
- Your loadout has a weight limit so pick your weapons wisely.
- In every loadout you will have a primary and secondary weapon, Melee is a knife, an explosive device like grenade or trip mine, a spade for destroying blocks and you get a load of blocks to help build in game.
- Kill cams after death with a spectator mode whilst waiting for spawn.
- Controls are really tight and responsive.
- Really involved developer who plays online with the players a lot and even lets them see maps he is working on, Always in the official forum on their site, They are an active listening dev.
- Maps already in the game are fantastic with so many ways of playing the game, It has zero corridors and even if it did, You can just blow the walls up!
- Pick up ammo from fallen enemies.
- Handful of guns from rifles to assault rifles to the deadly sniper rifle.
- Everything is available to everyone to keep it fair.
- Depending on how much weight you are carrying affects your walk speed, jump height etc.
- No tutorial section.
- No single player or offline with bots to practice.
- No ranks and with that ranking up in game.
- Needs proper pad support.
- Online is quite empty and during the day it is nigh on impossible to get a game.
In Summary, The game when it works is brilliant fun. People will compare it to Ace Of Spades and Guncraft. I havent played Guncraft but it is a much tighter, better game than Ace Of Spades. It is in early access so for it to be this good with the basics already is a excellent start. You feel with a bit more content and more options and game modes this could really take off. First though we need to get more players actually playing it! Its always hard for a online game to start a community and the fact this looks a bit like other games, The road will be long but once you play it you will love it. The game plays more like Counter Strike to me as its about teamwork and the pace is a bit slower than other shooters. Either way if the numbers pick up then grab the game otherwise its a missed gem.