Review: Blocky Bot (Wii U)
Jump your way through a wacky world of robots, wizards, ninjas and the first ever playable box of robotic French fries! Blocky Bot is a brand-new super action mini-platformer for Wii U.
- Voxel graphics.
- Small download size.
- On/off TV support.
- Gameplay is a fast paced platformer where you jump up levels, collect crates and avoid enemies. Think A vertical endless runner.
- Four level themes to unlock.
- 24 characteres to unlock.
- Easy one button control scheme.
- Top score always shows on screen.
- Counter to show how many coins you have colleced.
- Cheap price point.
- Collect coins from chests in game.
- Every level theme also changes the music.
- Character unlock choice is random and costs 100 coins.
- Fast loading and restarting.
- Analogue and digital control
- Cameo appearances from other indie games.
- Randomised levels.
- Easy pick up and play game.
- Repetitive game play.
- No touchscreen control.
- Only one save/name.
- Short replay ability.
- No leader boards.
Blocky Bot is excellent fun and a brilliant time waster. Downside is it has the life and replay ability of a mobile game. It plays well and has unlocks but with no leader boards or reason to play after unlocking all characters it kind of gets old fast. Shame as it looks cool, plays well and could easily do better with much more content. In short its a mobile game on Wii U. A good mobile game but short lived.