Review: BombFest (Nintendo Switch)
BOMBFEST is an award-winning party game for you and up to three friends! Battle in wooden forts, on folding chairs, and inside the kitchen sink as you attempt to be the last player standing. Use bombs to eliminate your foes, but don’t get caught in a chain reaction of explosions!
- Colorful graphics.
- 303MB Download size.
- Touchscreen support.
- BombFest gameplay- Four player battle arena game with bombs dropping down, You can pick up bombs and throw them, Sumo drop and the goal is to eliminate everyone else by knocking them out of the arena.
- 12 arenas each unique.
- Elimination- Once you get eliminated you come back as a bomb and can detonate whenever and respawn!
- Basic easy to use controls.
- Slow motion option.
- BombFest has bot support.
- Match setup options- Rounds 1-10/Timer on off/Arenas select/Bomb spawn rate.
- Play matches to unlock new bomb types/characters.
- Four starting characters-Minstrel/Courier/Tailor/Baker.
- 1-4 Local mp support.
- End of round breakdown shows points scored and medals earned.
- BombFest is stupidly good fun.
- Pro controller support.
- Instant loading between rounds.
- 10 bomb types like ice bombs that slide along the floor or sticky bombs.
- Clear bomb explosion markers.
- BombFest only has one game mode.
- Medals are not described.
- No bot options like difficulty.
- BombFest has no online play.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessability - 8/108/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 9/109/10
BombFest adds to the ever growing list of must own Nintendo Switch multiplayer games, It is stupidly good fun. Having you character play/act out like a Sumo wrestler means games are always on the edge, Bombs are not easy to escape from, The levels look lush and full of fun. The game does have bot support so single players can enjoy the game but to be honest the game just explodes into life when you have 3 friends with you, Carnage, Luck and most importantly fun! If you are looking for a new multiplayer game, You cannot go wrong with BombFest, You have full match setup control, The different bomb types really mix it up. I wish it had other game types but to be honest it does the one mode just fine.