Review: Bouncy Bullets (PlayStation 4)
In a world where the sky is blue and water is pink, with icebergs replaced by floating ice-creams, Bouncy Bullets is a colorfully vibrant first-person shooter that will task players to traverse wonderful terrains, in a bid to reach the portal that awaits them at the end of every level.
- Cartoon graphics.
- 109mb download size.
- Cross-buy with PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita.
- Stackable Platinum trophies. (3 in total)
- Speed run shooter gameplay.
- All levels are timed.
- Game-get to the exit as fast as you can, levels may have platforming and shooting within them.
- Actions-jump, shoot pink bullets (to shoot pink enemies) and shoot yellow bullets (to shoot yellow enemies).
- Slight puzzle elements sprinkled in.
- Online leaderboards.
- 3 chapters of normal levels.
- 3 chapters of special levels.
- Sensitivity slider.
- Don’t have to finish the game for the platinum trophy.
- 3 button controls.
- Really fast and easy Platinum trophy.
- Instant restarts.
- Collectible faces.
- Levels reward 3 stars based on time.
- Don’t need to finish the game for the platinum trophy.
- Special levels are just normal levels with like one difference.
- Sensitivity always feels too quick.
- Apes a lot of Lovely planets charms and mechanics but without the cutesy atmosphere.
- General movement feels like ice skating.
- Very short game.
- Stars feel redundant.
- No variation.
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 6/106/10
- Fun Factor - 6/106/10
Bouncy Bullets is a game that’s meant to be played at a great speed, jump and shoot to reach the exit is the gist of it all. On your way you will need to avoid obstacles and shoot enemies using your colorful bullets, simple concept, yellow kills yellow and pink kills pink. Don’t shoot the grey ones and all is good. If you do mess up its almost an instant restart. Now this is all fine but the actual levels are short and simple, the trophies are basically given to you for just existing and the game lacks variation or replay value. Its a game for trophy hunters and the stackable platinum is a testament to that. It will take under an hour easily to see everything the game has and you won’t be back but if you like it simple and love being rewarded for that then bouncy bullets have you well and truly covered.