Review: Boxing Champs (Steam)
Step into the ring and become a boxing champ! Move up the world rankings, remain undefeated and unify all the titles to become the undisputed champion of the world. Boxing Champs a fast paced simulation / arcade boxing game.
- Chunky cartoon graphics.
- 425mb download size.
- Optional tutorial section.
- Controller support.
- 1-2 local multiplayer support.
- Top-down boxing gameplay.
- Two modes- Single match and career.
- 30 boxers to choose from, each has unique stats.
- Five arenas.
- Career-create a boxer, choose your opponent and go up the ranks. Earn points and use them to increase your stats.
- Create a boxer-(10 slots) name, body color, hair style/color, body type, glove/waist/shorts color.
- Fast frantic gameplay.
- Easy to pick up and play.
- Feels a bit like Rock em Sock em robots.
- Moves-hook left/right, jab, cross jab, uppercut left/right, taunt and block.
- Hammer the button to get up from a knockdown.
- OK soundtrack.
- Very one note.
- No Steam achievements.
- No online.
- No difficulty settings.
- Flash in the pan.
- Graphics - 7/107/10
- Sound - 6/106/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 7/107/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10
Boxing Champs is a fun little boxing game, going for an arcade Rock em Sock em robots approach, the game is easy to pick up and fun as hell to play. Career mode is one note but fine and multiplayer obviously extends the life overall but again its a game you play every now and then. It’s worth a punt for a no-frills over the top boxing game.