Review: Bridge Constructor Portal (PlayStation 4)
Enter the Aperture Science Enrichment Center and experience Bridge Constructor Portal – the unique merging of the classic Portal and Bridge Constructor games.
- Bright sleek looking graphics.
- 210MB Download size.
- Platinum trophy.
- Opening tutorial areas to guide you through the process and mechanics at work.
- Portal UI system that is both clean and elegant.
- Returning Glados voice actor.
- Cursor/pan speed slider.
- Humour throughout as you would expect.
- Build bridges/contraptions to ferry workers from point A to point B.
- Can test your build.
- When switching from building to playing the graphics populate and make it pop.
- End of level breakdown shows how much money you wasted.
- Simple to get into.
- Best practices option is kind of like a short text tutorial on the fundamentals of building.
- Fast loading times.
- Level select.
- Can replay levels.
- Classic Portal music and sound effects.
- Pieces snap together making the whole building mechanic a lot smoother and more refined.
- 60 Levels.
- Fun to play.
- A funny opening set piece with a short Q and A. (won’t spoil it for you)
- Each level you have to pass in order to unlock the next one. When you do your run you can send just one guy across for the pass or get bonus points by sending multiple ones over.
- The Bridge constructor part of the game is very polished and refined, Making bridges is easier and more fun, The ability to click to turn things into roads, for example, take out a lot of the clunk from previous games in the series.
- Tons of replayability.
- Only one control layout.
- No replays.
- Juddery performance.
- Touchpad not utilized.
- Lacks a leaderboard both on and offline.
- One and done experience.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessability - 8/108/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
Take the Portal out of it and you get the most refined and playable version of Bridge constructor, Add Portal and you get a humorous fun action packed the game with a lot of brilliant additions. Portals really mix the game up as well as using the companion cubes and turrets, The Portal aspect is not just a skin used in the game, It encapsulates the Portal atmosphere and fun and for that this game is well worth checking out. You may not play it once you finish it but you will enjoy the time you spend playing it.