Review: Bullet Battle Evolution (Nintendo Switch)
The scent of gunpowder is in the air! With two weapons and a handful of grenades by your side, this shooter is sure to put your skills to the ultimate test. A single pixel can make the difference between victory and defeat.
- 578mb download size.
- Decent graphics.
- Touchscreen support.
- Graphics-quality preset, Bloom and shadows.
- Sensitivity sliders.
- Online Leaderboards.
- 3rd person cover shooter gameplay.
- Automatically stick to cover when nearby.
- Training-buy/equip new melee attacks.
- 4v4 online shooter.
- 3 classes-Assault, sniper and medic.
- Each class earns its own EXP and levels up individually that unlocks new guns and melee attacks.
- Good control layout.
- Worldwide servers.
- Kill feed.
- Icons/colors above players heads.
- Stats for each class.
- Store-buy gold.
- Load out-primary and secondary slots and everyone get a grenade.
- Several modes from tdm to a Battle Royale.
- Looks and plays really good.
- Can self revive yourself once.
- No invert axis option.
- No practice or tutorial.
- Grenades have a ridiculous area of damage.
- Very laggy.
- No search options/filters.
- Only one controller layout.
- Frequent disconnects and error messages.
- Cannot choose which mode to play, it just joins and we’ll it’s random.
- No, revive players.
- Unbalanced matchmaking.
- Shooting carries a learning curve.
- Ui/text gets messed up and overlapping.
- Graphics - 9/109/10
- Sound - 7/107/10
- Accessibility - 7/107/10
- Length - 6/106/10
- Fun Factor - 7/107/10
The initial impression of bullet battle evolution is a positive one. It looks good straight away and feels like it could be a solid cover-based shooter. In fact, it has slight rainbow six slash Cs go vibes. When I finally got into a game that didn’t result in a disconnect or error I found it to be very laggy and all over the place. Regardless of the time of day, I struggled to ever get a stable connection. From what I could work out, grenades have an area of effect the size of the UK and is instant death. Players have played more than you and unlocked much better guns. Levels look good and the animations are good but so much more negative points than positive. You get 3 classes but medic has to be bought and costs a lot of time and in-game money. Each class levels up individually which is fine but again you unlock guns so you know instantly this unbalances the game. Earning exp is slow unless you are a killing machine, you have no control over the game mode you are joining at any time, I probably haven’t seen half the modes! I can see the game could have potential with a bit of tweaking, improving the online connections and maybe adding a proper training area or the ability to play against Ai. As it stands bullet battle evolution is a cool idea that is let down by unbalanced, constant server crashing issues.