Review: Bury Me, My Love (Steam)
Bury me my Love tells the story of Syrian refugee Nour and her husband Majd, as Nour undertakes a perilous journey to safety in Europe.
- Beautiful hand-drawn graphics.
- Font size slider.
- 1497MB Download size.
- Steam achievements.
- Choose your own adventure style gameplay. Make choices to influence and change the story.
- The soundtrack which kicks in at certain parts for dramatic effect.
- All played through an instant messenger app.
- Simple controls. All clearly marked on screen.
- Clear UI.
- Can restart your adventure whenever you want.
- A lot of replay value.
- Bury me my Love has a really powerful story that just grabs you instantly.
- Never before has messages caused anxiety and happiness. Well, they have but not in a videogame.
- Mouse cursor stays on screen when using a controller.
- You don’t like instant messenger apps.
- A lot of reading.
- Graphics - 8/108/10
- Sound - 8/108/10
- Accessability - 8/108/10
- Length - 8/108/10
- Fun Factor - 8/108/10
Bury Me My Love tells the story of Syrian refugee Nour and her husband Majd. You are Majd and talk to your partner through an instant messenger app. You routinely get choices on where the story goes and decisions that need to be made. It is a story that affects you instantly, You take the role so quickly as the app feels personal and familiar. You are invested in minutes and hooked for hours. It is crazy as I am not the target audience for this kind of game but I just sat there, Silent and tried so hard to keep it together, It’s such a gripping experience. Let the game in and you will be rewarded with an experience that sticks with you long after the credits. With so many choices replaying will feel new so you get to go through it all again. Brilliant stuff.